What is the oldest language that people still use today?

0|0
8|13

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's "Tamil" language which is considered to be the oldest language which is still being spoken. It is the official language of India, Sri Lanka and Singapore.

www.thefreelibrary.com/...our+letters.-a0295697196

While the oldest written languages are Sumerian and Egyptian according to some evidences. And oldest spoken language might be some language used in East Africa, but I don't think it is still being used so Tamil is the answer :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Tamil and Chinese.

0|1
    0|0
  • i m not sure... but i think arabic..

0|0
    0|1
  • I want to say one of the indian languages. They have the oldest religion too.

0|1
    0|1
  • mama google knows

2|0
    0|0
  • Body language.

0|0
    0|0
  • One that uses clicks and noises, I don't remember name.

0|0
    1|0
    • The san bushmen of africa. Smart girl, I do believe that it predates the endoeuropean (the root language for all european languages) language and the endoiranian languages (the root language of sanskrit)

• Arabic I think i'm not sure

0|0
    0|0
  • www.languagesoftheworld.info/.../...he-oldest.html

Apparently, it's the khoisan languages

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Body language if I was to be really literal.

In truth, it's hard to know. Languages evolve over time so it's hard to pinpoint an exact start point within a few hundred years. There are whole races of people in Ancient history that historians these days can't find the sources of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Khoisan languages of the san bushmen and related tribes that use clicks and wistles as well as words. It seems to be a linguistic missing link between the languages of apes and the true languages of the endoeuropean/endoiranian languages.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some say that my own language has the most archaic aspects to it that date back to the original Indo-European languages. I'm talking about Latvian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Martu Wangka, which is spoken by about 1,100 Martu (Mardu) people in and around the Gibson Desert and the Great Sandy Desert area of Western Australia.

1|0
    0|0
  • Binary code. And it is based in all languages and computer languages. It comes from Sanskrit and contains lost languages as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Greek or Chinese... though Greek has written texts well before Chinese... Sanskrit is also in the same category but not spoken by many today...

0|0
    0|0
  • Hebrow is my guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea. Why?

0|0
    0|0
  • Latin and Hebrew I suspect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here people say it's Sanskrit. It's still used in some villages.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be Chinese.

0|0
    0|0