In terms of Freedom, employment, lifestyle, culture and values, which of the two countries would you rather live in, the US or the UK?

The USA (where in the South, North, Southwest, West or Midwest)

or

The UK (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and/or Wales)?

• The USA
  • The UK

Most Helpful Guy

• While US citizens do have more rights than most places (like the right to have a weapon), the US government is one of the most hypocritical, oppressive, and overall shittiest governments in the world. The only places with governments worse than ours are actual dictatorships, but that's only because they're open and honest about their oppression.

Don't get me wrong, I love the country itself. It has the most diverse and (in my opinion) most beautiful geographical locations, so many different cultures, the best colleges in the world, it's the financial and fashion capital of the world, and it has a universally renown military.

But the people who run (and ruin) this country need to burn.

• The only good thing I can say about our government is that at least we aren't North Korea.

• Yeah. I'm American and I greatly love my country but if there are a few negative things in my country that pisses me off, it's our government, the sheeps who follow our government and the idiots who are ignorant of the rest of the world and believe they're better than the rest of the world because they're from the US, thus creating global negative image of us.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say the UK. I already live there anyway.

• Just out of curiosity, have you ever traveled to the US before to see what it's like?

• Well, I guess you could say that there's really no such thing as the "greatest" country or "best" country in the world. More of what you make if it and which country is best for you (omitting the oppressive 3rd world countries). As an American myself, even though I never had the chance to travel to the UK, the UK already seems like a very nice country to live in for me in terms of education and a normal living.

• The education is good, it's definitely a lot cheaper than it is over in the US. Our health care system is also a lot better (in my opinion), even though it's far from perfect. I think different countries fit different people. When I came to America, it felt like a faster pace of life than here in the UK.

• The UK. Hands down. I've been to the US a fair few times; it's not my scene.

• UK. Mostly because my bff just moved there and left me all aloooone. 😢😢

• The UK. I'd like to visit a few more times before I actually make a decision, and I'm not at a point in my life that moving is a good option, but I keep an eye on the housing markets and the company I work for has an office right outside London which I could transfer to, eventually.

What Guys Said 8

• In terms of culture and lifestyle, I'm more attracted to the US (though there are some things that bother me, such as how unhealthy many people live). I find the US a far more interesting country culturally. In terms of personal freedom... I don't think there's a big difference. Americans just like to believe that they are much more free than anyone else. The only big difference is gun freedom in the US but as a European, I find that crazy anyways and so it's a negative aspect for me, not a positive one.
    In terms of employment or the job market, both countries are totally shitty as far as I can tell. This has to do with the two countries' politics of course. Since the 1980s, Great Britain has become more and more Americanized in terms of politics and as a continental European, I find that a tragedy. In terms of politics, I wouldn't want to live in either of the two countries. But since I like America culturally (and for other reasons) I would rather live in the US.

• I could live in both, and in about any country in the world. I feel more at home on the old continent.

• I'm happy living in Scotland. Not as much trigger happy police. Also, cheaper education and "free" healthcare.
    Although, the UK is still affected NSA surveillance, so that's kinda shite.
    We're not that much different to America but we're better in my opinion.

• I have been to both but am happier in my home country of the Republic Of Ireland

• The US... the Northwest or Northeast (or maybe the Southwest).

I lived in the UK and it was not a good experience overall.

• UK definitely!

• I have lived most of my life and was born in the US but I lived in the UK for eight years. For me personally it would be the US mainly because it's so much easier to make a good living here. If you took that out of the equation it would be more of a tossup.

• I wouldn't want to have been born and spent my early years in the UK though, the culture seems to somehow be very constricting. People keep each other 'in their place'. As an American going over there to live you get a pass on that mostly, what little there is just rolls off you.

• Freedom - Not enough difference for either
    Employment - Easier in the UK, much more secure, the truly successful jobs more common in the US though. Personally, 1 point to the UK.
    Lifestyle - UK is healthier but it's becoming more unhealthy, 1 point to the UK.
    Culture - The US seems much more diverse and I prefer the culture here by far, 1 point to the US.
    Values - Diagree with some values in both and agree with others in both. If I had to pick, the best value is in the UK but there are much more good values in the US, 1 point to the US.

US = 2 Points
    UK = 2 Points

The UK's security for me financially does however cause me to vote for the UK.

Personal opinion of course. ^_^