Is this a sign a person is rude to a waitress?

Putting their hand up for extended periods of time and when the waitress doesn't come, they look annoyed and then go over to the waitress. Or walking into a restaurant saying 'two' meaning two people and then barging through and basically going down to sit at a table

Most Helpful Guy

• First isn't rude, the waitress isn't doing their job properly. I've had to do this - I want to pay and leave (or get another drink or whatever I need) and if they don't come to me after an extended period of time, I go to them.

Second one is stupid and rude. I used to work as the host in a restaurant so it was my job to greet people and seat them and give them menus. Barging past and seating yourself could well mean you've sat in a section that isn't being covered right now, or at a table that is reserved, or that hasn't been bussed, or whatever.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes that is very rude

• I think it's a sign the waitress isn't doing her job properly.

Not sure what 2nd thing means, they say 'two' then don't wait? Is there even a wait?

What Girls Said 3

• Well, the first one isn't necessarily rude because it does say 'extended periods of time', so they did call for the waitress and wait for quite a while before they eventually went to go and get her. It would be rude to drag her away from other customers or to make a scene, but just putting your hand up and then going over isn't really rude.

The second one definitely is, you should always be polite to those serving you and allow them to their job and show you where to go. (Plus, you say 'two, please', not just snap at them).

• The barging through part is rude, yes, but the going over to the waitress isn't entirely. What they do from there is what decides if they're rude or not. If they go up to her and say something like, "Hey, I don't know if you saw anything with that pretty little head of yours, but I had my hand up for a long time and you ignored it. I want my check now;" I would consider them to be rude. But if they went up to her and said something like "Excuse me, I know you're busy, but I have to be going soon so I was wondering if I could please have my check now," I would consider that to be polite.

• That's not rude. The waitress isn't doing her job