Would you find it rude that your guests take their shoes off at your house, like being completely barefoot in your house?

If your the host of a party or a gathering, would you find it rude that some of your guest are barefoot in your house?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• In my culture I was taught to take my shoes off at the door.
    It's unhygienic to walk through someones home with your shoes on.
    I do this automatically when I go to my families home.
    But my partners parents home I don't.
    I used to then the mom said , "Why did she take her shoes off?"

What Girls Said 21

• No. I would consider that to be polite. Rude would be if they DIDN'T take their shoes off at your house.

• No, I'm pretty sure that's like guest etiquette stuff. If they don't have socks then that's fine. I wouldn't care. If they wanted socks I would offer to give them a pair to use.

• Only if their feet stank.

• I was spanked once for not taking my shoes off at my aunt's... So... I've never heard of shoes on being the more polite?

• The opposite is true.

In many Eastern cultures, it's rude to come in with your shoes because the house should stay clean. The host may offer to give the guese clean house shoes. At least everyone knows what germs live on the sole of shoes that have been to the streets lol

• I'd find it more rude if their shoes are all dirty and they just proceeded to walk in my house leaving a trail of dirty footprints all over the floor.

• Only if their feet smell like cheese.

• No they are not bringing dog shit with their shoes in.

• Hardly.

I'm always barefoot at home. While I don't have a no-shoes-in-the-house rule, guests see that I'm barefoot & either ask if they should remove shoes or just take their shoes off without asking.

• I would find if rude of they didn't take their shoes off

• It's the polite thing to do, especially as you're not tracking in mud and dirt all over the house

• that's normal and if they don't have socks on i give them slippers

• No. I'd think they were being respectful of my home. No shoes in a home is perfectly fine. It is a house. It's supposed to be comfortable and not warrant shoes.

• No. I think it's better to take your shoes off so you don't mess the floor up.

• No it's the complete opposite! Shows they are respectful but also comfortable in your home which is what you want isn't it?

• The idea of taking shoes off when you enter someones house is to show resoect to the property (to not get it dirty etc) that shows resoect in my opinion.

• Im kicking them out !

• As long as their feet aren't grosser than their shoes, I don't think it would be an issue.

• not at all. its common courtesy. it's considered polite. would yo rather him them stomping around your house with muddy shoes leaving prints and/or water everywhere?

• nope not at all lol

• No! They don't want to scratch my nice, wooden floors with their heels and shoes. It's polite. If it's a black tie, formal party someone being barefoot may look a bit out of place but I wouldn't mind, their feet may be hurting. Some people have feet issues. I'm a chilled person.