Girls, how to be the popular girl?

This is important to me so don't tell me that it doesn't matter x

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I had lots of acquaintances and a handful of really true friends in HS. (I also had help that both my older brother and boyfriend were already popular in Jr. High and HS, so I was sorta already on their team.). To be popular with the acquaintances you should treat them just like you do your friends. Be yourself, don't become someone you're not just to fit in. Be strong. Have your own style at least one day a week, doesn't mean wearing awful stuff just stuff you like. Be a leader, don't follow everyone else. Be willing st stand up for someone, you never know when that person might stand up for you. Be willing to listen when someone needs a shoulder to cry on, then keep it to yourself. (Prove to them that you can be a friend.) if you know a juicy story about someone, keep it to yourself. Reach out to others who aren't so popular, sure they might be a little different but you might just find a new perspective, better yet a real friend. Just because others bully and make fun of someone doesn't mean you have to join in. Don't be shallow, just to be popular. Stick to your core values and principals. Treat other people the same way you want to be treated. In other words, treat others the same way you do your closest friends. Just remember that you only confide or ask deep questions to those who have proven themselves to be true friends that can keep a secret. ( If you share too much info with acquaintance level friends prepare to have it broadcast throughout the whole school.). Be like "Thumper" in Bambi - "If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all!"

• What she said 👍👌 ^^

During the first few months of freshman year of highschool, I was pretty much known as my brother's sister lol cause he was really popular among the students. So the popular bitchy girls wouldn't do much to me because some oofthem sorta have a crush on my brother. xD

• @mskay my younger brother has it even better, cute blonde Beach Boy look that girls swoon over, so he follows big brother and sister; his teachers all remember me what a go getter I am so it's like they just give him good grades for a smile! Other teachers remember our older brother so younger brother gets away with murder!! Wait 'til he hits college, he's going to have a rude wake up when nobody knows his name. Oh well he's a great guy nice to people, even a few of my friends wanted to take him on dates when he was a sophomore and they were seniors! He just flashes that, "yeah I know I'm cute" smile at them and they melt!! I told him a few months ago that he could have been a social misfit but as long as he smiles they swoon! Thankfully he's a nice guy, my parents taught lid to respect others, we do and it shows!! Thanks Mom & Dad

• Thank you for choosing my answer as MHO.

What Girls Said 19

• What is the point in trying/pretending to be anything other than what you are, when high school is only 4 years. Once you graduate, there is no more "popular group". After you graduate lasts a lifetime and no one cares if you were popular or not.

A popular person in high school, is usually those who are physically pretty and have the latest trends in technology and wear the latest trends.

To be popular AFTER high school when it really matters, you have to be confident and a nice person to others/work hard/be responsible/speak and write well/make good life choices/have good hygiene/have a sense of humor/have goals/be motivated/help others/etc... If you have all those qualities, people don't pay attention to your looks. I mean, look at all the funny looking celebrities out there? They aren't popular or famous because of their looks, but because of who they are.

• i just graduated high school a month ago and i can not remember who the prom king and queen were or who the popular kids were but what i can remember was on my last day of English which is the only class i have with my best friend, i was fighting back tears but she was the one who really cried first because she said she would miss me so much and when i walked across the stage, my class clapped for me and my friends screaming my name and i could not stop smiling when i received my diploma. i get it i wanted to be popular like you but when i reached my junior year i realized being popular was not important because high school does end.
    i knew she was a real friend because when i pulled away and went to the library to work on a scholarship application she confronted me and want to know what was up and why i was pulling away when i told her about the scholarship i was applying for, she told me i would get the interview and i did and on the morning of my interview she was the only person who could calm me down. As you get older you will realize who your real friends are. If you want to find out who your real friends are now, just fuck up and see who's still there
    lh3.ggpht.com/.../image_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png
    slodive.com/.../being-called.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...cdc596a55a.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c14eeef40c.jpg

• I guess in most cases to be popular you need to be physically attractive (mainly when it comes to teen popularity) that means nice body, face, hair, clothes etc... You also have to be nice to a lot of people and be able to hold conversations with lots of different people, if you can do all that I don't see how you couldn't be popular

• 1: Be Kind To Everyone
    2: Be A Leader, Not A Bully
    3: Be Confident, Don't Follow Trends Or Try To "Be Cool"
    4: Be The Kind Of Person Others Look Up To And Respect

• Sometimes it's like you really don't even notice. It's not that big of a deal, guys think you're easy and do anything with them. Sometimes, it has it's advantages like prom and homecoming; other times it feels like everyone else hates you. To be quite honest.

• You really want to know? find the most current popular girl, and ruin her life, literally do everything in your power to make her feel insignificant as a human being. Beat the shit out of her, steal her boyfriend if she has one, make up rumors about her, or just plan out a full on scheme to remove her from the ranks as most popular girl. Then you'll be the most popular girl. Or, you can just have sex with a bunch of dudes, you'll get popular really quick, but not in the way you'd want to probably.

• If you need to be told how to be popular, then you mostly likely won't get there.

• You have to be gorgeous, flirt with all the guys, wear brand name clothes and keep up with the trends, be confident, talk to a bunch of different cliques, get in with the other popular girls. But honestly it doesn't matter. High school lays 4 years and after that popularity in high school doesn't matter. You'd be better off having your clique and focusing on school. I get it. I know what it feels like to desperately want to be noticed and liked by everyone but it's a waste of time

• It just happens, and let me be real with you gurl, it just don't matter. Why is it important, I don't understand? After highschool no one will care.

• It doesn't matter.

• I know you don't want to hear this but it's not important. Spending your time trying to get other people to like you is going to not only waste time but it's going to keep you from paying attention to what's actually important.

• Be the baddest bitch and fight people to the death

• Charisma, confidence and being a leader are the key.

• confidence, clothes, make-up, brand names

• girl, just be yourself.

• Well you already have the attitude of a shallow brat. You're half way to your goal

• You know that one girl that's the school's biggest slut? Well she's very well known, so that's probably the 'easiest' way to become popular.

Being popular is over-rated, it won't stay with you after highschool, because no one will give a shit by then. The stress of being popular also sucks, they're just as insecure hoping to be validated by the rest of people in school usually by their attractiveness.

• Be yourself and don't try to be someone you're not. Be the smart funny girl who everyone loves. Therefore making you popular. Don't do anything that would cause you to have a bad reputation.

• Have sex with everyone at school. If you can't do that, then you're not meant to be popular. Trust me, every girl at my old high school that was "popular" fucked EVERYONE