Girls, Any of you ever have this problem with your eyebrows?

I just lost a lot of eyebrow hairs, now I have oily skin and I usually just splash water on my face when I wake up in the morning. The problem is I still have a lot of dirt and oil buildup on my eyebrows and earlier I was picking at it and I scraped a lot of dirt and oil along with eyebrow hairs from my eyebrows. Any idea why that is? And how should I wash my eyebrows in the morning?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• just use a wash cloth. that sounds kinda weird. never had that happen. but use a wash cloth aon your face should help with the dirt build up.

• So scrub my eyebrows with a wash cloth?

• Yeah I only wash my face two times a day with water, to grow my eyebrows back could I try hair skin and nails the vitamins?

• That might do justice...

What Girls Said 6

• If you have really thick eyebrows, you should trim them. If you don't know how, go to a place that does eyebrows. They won't shape them like they do girls, just tell them you would like them trimmed. I have really oily skin and just splashing water isn't going to help. You sound like you have a serious oil problem. Invest in some good face wash. It's more on the pricey side ($20) it's called clear start, they have wash/cleansers specifically for oily skin. Wash twice a day. When you wake up and before you go to bed. Run and focus more on your T-Zone (forehead and nose) focus into your eyebrows really good and pat your face dry with a clean towel. Drink more water and eat less greasy/fried foods. Also moisturize! Find a good oil free moisturize/face lotion. I hear cetaphil is great, but it's also pricey ($15+) just look at reviews of products for your oily skin. I don't know if you'd want to but you could carry around oil blotting sheets. They're these little paper things that catch oil just rub the sheet on your face and you can actually see all the oil come off. They're not too expensive (5+) and if it's necessary, you can wash your face in the shower too (or I'd you just shower in the afternoon and not when you just wake up)

• You might think it's a bad idea to moisturize after you wash your face because sometimes lotion makes you greasy but if you find a great oil free moisturize use that! Your skin thinks it's not producing enough oil so that's why you get super oily, it just creates more oil so if you moisturize it trick your face into thinking you have enough oil

• Thank you for all the tips

• Just splashing water on your face isn't quite enough to deal with oily skin. I would recommend investing in a cleanser. Do NOT use handsoap, or soap bars, or shower gels. The skin on your face is a lot more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body.
    Generally applying a cleanser and washing your face with warm water and using a wash cloth in circular motions is the best way to clean your skin. Especially oily skin! You also should not pick at it!!! That's only going to make it worse.

That said, it's also possible that you are having some sort of reaction, and I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist just in case. If everything checks out, get a cleanser!

Hope it clears up soon! Skin can be such q drag

• I took the girl's advice who left a comment at the bottom to use a wash cloth, I'm not one to use cleansers as they tend to dry my skin unless if you can recommend one that's mild on the skin, I initially thought it was a bad reaction but I think like you said just splashing water on your face is not enough especially for someone with oily skin so far I think I've managed to keep my eyebrows free of any excess dirt and oil buildup now I hope my eyebrows come in thick again

• Nope, never had that problem. Do you work in dirt or something that would cause that much buildup?

• I guess it's just me that only has this problem, no I play sports like basketball and volleyball so I sweat a lot and I guess my skin produces a lot of oil but other then rinsing my face with water I never really scrubbed my eyebrows so maybe that was the issue

• I use face wash every night and morning so no I don't have that problem

• That's odd. Use a face wash if your oily. A creme oil remover. Nothing too harsh. And wash your eyebrows with your face I guess

• I was thinking of buying a cleanser, but I heard it dries out your skin and I'm not one to mess with products containing too many ingredients

• Okay I'll take a look around the web and see what I can find, thank you.

• I didn't understand anything except the fact that it's about eyebrows

• I lost a lot of eyebrow hairs due to the fact that I had a lot of dirt and oil buildup so I started scraping my eyebrows and my eyebrows hairs fell out and I was asking if any girls ever experienced this because I had thick eyebrows and now I have thin eyebrows the only thing I do to wash my eyebrows is to splash water on my face and I don't use a cleanser

• I don't exfoliate my eyebrows yet I don't have an oily skin nor any problems with my eyebrows. And yes I belive that it will help in your case.

• I believe I actually made that mask you talked about once, but I never got around to using it because I was afraid that the honey would be like a waxing agent so I steered clear of it, I think I'm just going to use a wash cloth to scrub my eyebrows with water and hair vitamins, maybe there's other ways that you know of exfoliating that I could try?