What would you do if you made important plans on your day off from work, but then they suddenly scheduled you?

like you originally were supposed to have it off and made important plans for that day, but then suddenly your work changes the schedule and you have to work that ay. Would you go into work, or would you still stick with what you had planned?

And by plans lets say its like a birthday or an anniversary?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell them to find someone else because I have plans. I worked in a call center that liked to do that and I told them no. 24 hours isn't sufficient warning for them so it's not enough warning for me.

What Girls Said 5

• I would keep my plans.
    I understand sometimes work needs you, but they should have scheduled things better. The employee's personal life is important as well.

• If it is something etched in stone, @Toad1, like something really Important that I feel I Can't Get out of, and not just for myself but I have Others who have this planned with me as well, I would tell my place of business I am very sorry But... I can't change my own plans that I have had Scheduled for quite some time now. xx

• Happened to me many times, I go to work -.-'

• My ass ain't coming in.

• I wouldn't show up. Call in sick or something.

What Guys Said 4

• Tell them to bad, find someone else I've already made plans and I'm not going to change em nor would I have time to on that short of a warning.

I've actually done this multiple times to.

• Work has to take precedence you can celebrate your birthday later

• What if it was a funeral?

• Fair point but that is a sudden event not like a birthday - Obvs go to funeral but work afterwards

• seriously i'd just tell em "fuck off"
    when they say sth they should keep it as it is... if somebody's changin my schedule last moment... it's annoyin as fuck :|

• Depends. If I'm called in to do something that involves someone important, I'll go (score points with management!). If not, then they can F off haha