Guys, is it stupid that i'm scared of basketballs because in fifth grade they gave me a concussion?

I was in fifth grade and a unit in PE was basketball so... I was talking to my best friend because it wasn't my turn yet and the girl in front of me was taking her turn and like I said I was talking to my best friend so naturally I was not paying attention to when the ball was being passed to me or should I say thrown to me and she never said "Hey here's the ball catch" or something. So with my case would you be nice and protect me from those demon balls or would you be a jerk and let the ball hit me in the head?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not weird I have a similar thing but with volleyballs long story short my thumb nail broke in half in the second grade

What Guys Said 9

• Really? I got smacked in the face in sixth grade by a basketball when some soccer player kicked it. The only thing I thought about was hitting him back and if he got mad and wanted to fight, how deep was he lol
    I'd playfully tease ya a little bit to see how you reacted first. But you'd be safe from basketballs from everyone else.. except me :)

• It's no more weirder then Justin Bieber having a fear of thrown objects because his fans apparently love throwing objects at him and it traumatized him lol.

In other words its not weird but more then you'd think. It's possible to overcome though.

• It's not stupid but, you'll be afraid of them, until you confront them. That's the only way to get over a fear. Confront it

• by the way I was once struck with a hockey puck in the head. I confronted hockey and love it again

• Lol we do not have to say anything when we give the ball to someone. We have plans + When a player is trapped he just throws it to a person that is free. There is no time at all for "Hey here's the ball catch" . And what do u mean by protecting u from these demon balls lol its not like if they r gonna kill u or something.

• I have been hit with more balls than you think including, golf balls, soccer balls, volleyballs and way more and it was fifth grade gym class so we were told to say something

• No. Sounds to me like a legit reason. However, it's up to you whether you want to fix your fear or just avoid basketballs.

• I mean, kind of!
    I have had three concussions in hockey and I still play.
    But it completely depends on the person :)

• Stupid, no. Over anxious and problematic, yes.

• You have a form of stress disorder.

• Unless it was dodgeball the hole time, just sayin