If my parents were born in puerto rico but I was born in the usa am I still latina?

im confused haha

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends, if your grandparents were Asians but gave birth to your parents in Puerto Rico, then no, they're Asians and therefore, you're Asian too (this is just an example).
    It's not about where you're born, but about your ancestry, your genes.

What Guys Said 4

• Lol what about my situation. Im white but i was born in mexico to a mexican mom and white dad. What does that make me lol.

• Yep you're still Latina.

• Your of Latina ethnicity but an American citizen

• Through ethnicity, yes. It's your blood. However, you are born as an American. This means nothing though, since you're not American by blood, unless your parents are and just had you there. ... To make it short and a lot less confusing, yes you are.

• Technically only native Americans are of American ethnicity, we're all Europeans...

• You're*
      Or African

• ... Huh. ... I got it mixed up. My bad. lol.

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on if they were Puerto Rican or if they were some other race just born there.
    Yes you are whatever your lineage is. If my grandparents were born in Italy then I'm Italian even though I was born in America

• latina is an ethnicity not a nationality so yes.

• I'd say so.

• Yes duh mami.

by the way mami is a slang for a latina as in sexy, hot lady lol.