Does anyone here know about stable angina? Im at risk and not sure what to do? Give me advice on lifestyle changes?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Shouldn't you be asking your doctor? I'm a year out from there but i still strongly reccomend seeing a doctor even after tell you a litttle about angina

Angina is pain or discomfort which most often occurs with activity or stress. Angina is due to poor blood flow through the blood vessels in the heart

Now at your age you should be low risk, unless you are white, male and have a genetic dispostion ( The men in you family die at a young (40's/50's) due to heart problems. As you see above those things are out of your control and are called non-modifiables

you need to foucus on improving your modifiable risk factors. They are high blood pressure, smoking, lack of exercise, obesity, high lipid profile especially LDL, diabetes

the things that don't really need a doctor are improving your diet ( low saturated fat, low salt), exercising ( 150 minutes a week) and cessation of smoking. The rest of your risk factors are best controlled by medication

hope i helped :)

• Yes im planning on making a lifestyle change but the thing is I don't know how to take precaution suring exercises. Should i keep going on even if i felt the pain in my chest so i can overcome it or shall i take a moment of rest when the pain kicks in and than resume shortly after the pain fade? Im going to start my daily jogging from now on in hope to clear the plague blockage on my arteries (if its true). Im pretty hesistate learning about the fact that it will lead to heart attack and stroke 😭😭 so now its time to make a change no matter what. Im pretty skinnny 5'3 123lbs. It could be due to high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Exercising and low fat diet might help probably?

• Good! The exercise doesn't have to be strenuous. A brisk walk for 30min a day x 5 day is adequate. Popping half an aspirin daily is good too. Try to find ways to destress ( exercise, yoga, meditation, staying away from caffeine). most likely with you is that you have high cholesterol so a doctor could prescribe Statins