Why does everyone want to be slim?

everyone I know tell me im so lucky I can eat and not gain weight, but there's me wanting to actually be chubby and nearl everyone I know is dieting. I feel left out

Most Helpful Girl

• Blessed with an awesome metabolism. People eat and eat and gain weight. You can eat and eat and not gain weight.

What Guys Said 7

• a lot of people still believe that slim/thin is the best body type to have and the most appealing but its still all subjective. the general preference most wouldn't mind is the average thinner body with some definition/tone. but honestly in my life I've come to see people with a fast metabolism a curse because they want to gain weight, put on more muscle, but they just can't. their body burns through all the carbs way too quick and doesn't process all of it. they can neither gain weight or find a middle ground, they will just stay the way they are until they hit older age and their genetics slow down, THEN they can start bulking up but seriously that's around like 30. I have a few friends who are just skinny as fuck, they eat a lot and lift weights but it doesn't make a difference unless they take some kind of growth hormone. for people who don't have a fast metabolism, they at least have the choice to lose or gain, and thus they can find a balance they like. your genetics won't be like that forever, if you really want to gain weight but your genetics are against you then its gonna be hard, I highly recommend you consult a professional to see the best possible route to take.

• my metabolism shifted the other way and got faster when i hit my 30s :-/

• @far2gud4u interesting, its usually the other way, as the human body ages things tend to slow down, but people are different. not all of us are the same, genetic code is always changing.

• i was an athlete until i was 20 and so my body shape has shifted (going from a mesomorph to an ectomorph) i think somehow my body had trained itself to gain the protein for all the muscle work i was doing since being 9 years old... then eventually now has realised i dont need as much so speeded it up and lost it... its all very strange.

• -One, being ideal weight (slim) is healthy. Being over weight is unhealthy. Usually, people try to do what is good for them... Usually.
    -Two, men are attracted to slim women. Just like women are attracted to toned men. In most cases at least.
    -Three, you're still young. Once you start to hit 28, 29... Your matabolism will start to slow down... And you will start putting on weight. And as you grow older, it will keep slowing down.

• It's healthy and looks better , it's not fun trying to diet just be happy you don't have to worry about that yet

• I don't want to be slim. But I do want to be healthier.

• Everyone is different. Everyone lives their own life.

• It's more dangerous to have weight than to not

• WELCOME TO THE CLUB you're an ectmorph if you're skinny and you can't gain weight.

You'll need to eat every 2 hours/3 hours (healthy food) 6x times a day. + workout.

But it's better to be #bettertobeskinny than to be fat.

What Girls Said 6

• if you were chubby you would want to be slim... you just can't win. Trust me though you are better off slim. Things fit nicer, you always look smart etc :)

• I suppose it's because being slim is associated with being healthy and being more 'desirable' to the opposite gender..

• Because it is trend. It is presented in magazines on Tv s slims are most beautiful. Which is not true. Everyone can be beautiful in different shapes.

• I'm pretty much the same way, I can eat a ton of burgers and pizza and not gain a pound. Why would you want to be chubby? be proud of your own body you only get one of those ya know ;)

• Be what you want. It doesn't matter what other people say. Enjoy your body. It's the only one you're going to get