Any computer professional here?

Is my computer screen fucked up?
There is a white rectangular opaque thing on the top.. sometimes it becomes transparent but then goea back to white
Any computer professional here ?

0|0
1|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't look good. You could try taking it apart and seeing if there's a damaged or loose connector between the GPU and the screen.

Good chance it's busted and you need to get a new one.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah... that happened to me before...
    Your screen is broken.

Either buy a new screen - which is kind of expensive and not all that reliable, or buy a new laptop or a PC this time - a much wiser decision.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• that's not normal lol. something may be wrong with the liquid crystals in your screen on that top portion of the screen.

#TheCreed

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that's not good. I'd try to update your display driver. If that doesn't work un-install then re-install the driver. If that still doesn't work go through the usually virus sweeping and routine application cleanup. As a last ditch effort if all that still didn't fix it you could backup your data and reload the operating system. Then if the issue is still present you're display itself is broke; or the video card. You could try to boot from a CD / USB (using a small Linux OS or anything) and that'll let you know if it's your OS/drivers or a physical hardware issue.

0|1
    0|1
  • That is a sign of a broken laptop screen or a loose connection between the screen and your laptop's motherboard. I'd have a local shop check it out of you are not comfortable pulling it apart to check the connections. Thankfully second hand screens are pretty cheap on ebay, so I'd get a replacement screen before buying a new laptop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Your screen's toast. Sorry I don't have better news. If you're adventurous they're not really that hard to change and it's a lot cheaper than a new laptop. Screens average $30-$70, depending on the type.

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be your graphics card rather than your screen. Take a screenshot - if it appears on the screenshot too then it's your graphics card - if not then it's your screen.

0|0
    0|0
    • Screenshot how? You mean snipping tool?

• You don't know what a screenshot is?

Press the "print screen" button on your keyboard (it's above Insert on standard US keyboards). Then open paint and hit ctrl+v to paste it.

• Its the screen :(

• Yeah, it sounds like it is fucked up if it wasn't there before or it's not something that's supposed to be there. Have you tried saving everything on your hard drive and reinstalling the operating system? Or is it the actually monitor screen itself?

0|0
    0|0
  • you fucked up the screen. you will need to have it replaced (or replace it yourself)

0|0
    0|0
  • Loly ya burn it

0|2
    0|0
  • Burn it...

0|2
    0|0
  • Looks like an issue with the video card, possibly video ram.

Try setting your system to the lowest possible graphics setting you can, see if there's a difference or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like you damaged your screen by hitting it against something or dropping it

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be time for a new laptop screen... How old is your laptop?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5 years... can it be an outdated graphic driver problem?

• Show All
    • That's why I suspected that this is a hardware issue...

• Nope, not a driver.