What to do if my dog might have fleas?

Can human get them too?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah humans can get them too. Growing up we had a dog that got them really bad once and in turn we had them in the house and they'd jump and bite my ankles. It was awfully disgusting. The fix being to:
    1. Give the dog a flea bath. A very in depth flea bath. Then put a flea collar on him/her and look into one of those creams that you place on the back of their neck.

2. Bomb your house. Pet stores or pest control places sell flea bombs / foggers. You essentially set it off in your house and it fogs the house up and kills everything. You'll have to leave for like 6 hours but when you get back everything should be dead. Then just do a very in-depth cleaning to clean up the dead fleas and fogger residue and you should be all set.

As an added note: If you eat foods rich with onion the fleas will tend to find your scent / blood less appealing. Or you can use typical mosquito repellent. Just a temporary fix obviously but until you're able to fog the house it's sure better than getting your ankles bitten. All else fails call a professional exterminator.

• what do u mean by fog?

• It's a pesticide that comes in an aerosol can that literally fogs up your room. Something like this www.raidkillsbugs.com/.../raid-flea-killer-plus-fogger

It's some nasty stuff; you close your windows and doors then set it off and run out of the house. The whole house gets cloudy with bug killer then after you wait several hours for it to settle you come back, open everything up for it to air out and you're back in business. Essentially everything inside that breaths it or comes in contact with it dies, fleas, spiders, everything.

What Guys Said 7

• Humans can't get flees, they don't like our hair. We get nits instead.
    You should get de-flee gel which you stick on their back and it seeps into their skin and repels flees. We do it to our dog like once every 2/3 months and she never has any.

• You have to get him sprayed or google some remedies of how to get rod of them. Humans can't really get fleas but they can and will annoy the hell out of you

• What do you mean can get it?

• Humans can't get fleas but they can get on you and annoy you very much

• So, we can get it from dogs?

• Yes people can have fleas. There are some powders and add ons that van take care of the problem.

• yes get a good dog shampoo, also there are some medicines and lotions that can be applied on dog's skin to kill fleas. consult your vet

• get him a flea bath. I don't think fleas will nest in your hair but they will bite you. It's kind of like a mosquito bite.

• yeah - humans can get them but only if you dont shower. Your bedding on the other hand can get infested.

What Girls Said 5

• How can you not know? Get a flea brush and do some investigating. Look for flea bites on her belly. If you find any white egg looking things= fleas. Also they with jump if the flea brush disturbs them.

If you have fleas buy some frontline at the vet, was all linens in how water. Vacuum every soft fabric surface, couch, mattress, couch pillows, dog bed. Vacuuming is very effective in ridding fleas. They mostly live in your house not your dog.

• My dog never has gotten fleas before this may be the first.

• K well I hope this helps. You can by a flea brush at the grocery store for less than $5. I'd start there if you haven't spotted any oft he buffers. The shampoo will kill some fleas but not the eggs. Caught sooner the better. Oh and vacuum the furniture Do Not use a steam cleaner they thrive in moist environments.

• How do I know If he really has fleas?

• Fleas are horrible where I live but I use flea pills for my dogs. The vet has them and they're called Capstar or you can order them online, Walmart also had an off brand which is cheaper, it's like $25 for 6 of them. And they help a lot, you can also get the medicine to put on their back, like a flea prevention but do it after you give them the flea pills.

They can bite humans obviously lol

• You can get dog flea treatment at the shops. Yes the fleas can get onto you and bite you in certain places. Just be very careful where your dog has been. Make sure you give the dog a flea treatment and you should shower to stop the itch

• How do i clean the house the prevent the infestion?

• Just a good wash. If you can put it in the washing machine, that would be ideal. Maybe you can use a certain insect/flea spray for the house, I'm not quite sure.

• Pray to all the superior beings in the world because getting rid of fleas is a bitch and a half.

• get some medicine, usually with 2-3 application all the fleas gone.