Original vs. Cover - Holy Diver. Which one is better?

This one's for the metalheads (or anyone who cares to listen)!

Which version of Holy Diver do you like better?

The 1983 original by Ronnie James Dio...

... or the 2006 cover by Killswitch Engage...

• Dio version
  • Killswitch Engage version

Most Helpful Girl

• Both are aesome but I like killswitch👍
    Right @GotTheseMitts

• I think I like the music for the Killswitch version better, but I like Dio's vocals better.

What Girls Said 1

• I like both versions.
    The only reason I like the Killswitch Engage a bit better is because it's more modern - I dislike the 80's style music...
    But it's Dio's song... so...

What Guys Said 3

• The original definitely. Vivian Campbell is legendary on guitar and Ronnie James is one of the best vocalists to ever live.

• I really like Killswitch's music. I like the pinch harmonics during the last verse and I LOVE the harmonized leads at the end. I think it'd be interesting to hear a mash-up of KsE's music and Dio's vocals. Honestly, I have a hard time deciding which one I like better.

• Ronnie version. Killswitch Engage is SO metalcore which i don't like. Only song that i love from them is This Fire Burns.

• I might be biased because Dio is a legend and I'm not a Killswitch fan, but so be it.