Would it be a very bad idea to move in with girlfriend and her parents?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if you have plans to move out, and pay for your own food, and do house work if you can't help pay bills.

My cousin and her fiance and aunt have been leaching off my grandmother for decades, and now they are even getting married!
    They don't pay shit, eat all the food, use up money me and the younger cousins could have used for college on Disney trips every year.
    they don't even do house work! It's disgusting...
    never lead that life op, if you live there plan to move on asap before you settle.

Also think of the potential kitchen and living room sex! XDDD

What Girls Said 8

• If her parents really like you and are allowing you to, then no.

Just respect their house rules.
    And try not to get too comfortable.
    Make plans towards getting your own place together.

• If everyone is cool with it and you're able to save some money that way, no, it's not a bad idea.
    However, you will have to move eventually.

• I think it might be a bad idea but it depends on your relationship to her parents, too - I suppose.. I just couldn't ever imagine living with anybody's parents except from my own lol

• why would you want to live with her parents? instead of just the two of you? that is kinda wrong.

• Moving in with someone's parents can be really stressful. I don't recommend it.

• Yes, if it lasts more than a few months. Her parents may be friendly and lenient with you in the beginning, but their preferences will ultimately create conflict in the house. Having sex might be difficult as well. Make sure you've known her for a few years before putting your relationship at risk by moving in with her parents.

• yes it is a bad idea.. i accidentally voted no...

• Nope bad move. Save till you can afford a place of your own.

What Guys Said 9

• my friends brother did it and so far its working out for them, but her parents love the shit out of him.

• Living with your own parents is stressful enough, never mind someone else's. They are going to be treating her as their daughter but also trying to treat you as both a guest and member of the family. Everyone will be on edge not wanting to cause offense and the whole thing will wear you out.

Just, don't.

• Parents can get tired really quick unless you are paying them rent then things might be fine but if not and something like cleaning or argument occur. Then they will be acting out in a negative way because they can feel like y'all need y'all own place.

• I'd go with yes it's a bad idea, but I don't now her parents and how they see you soo yeah...

• What are some of the cons of it

• No privacy, they might treat you like crap. That is if they aren't fond of you.

• Avoid it at all cost

• What are some of the cons of it

• You can strain the relationship between her parents and you and that could affect you two as well

• Dont Do IT

• What are some of the cons of it

• The parents become controlling, if you break up you are out of a home, the atmosphere is stressful

• Very, very, very badddddddd

• Get your own place! Living with her parents IS FUCKED UP!!!

• What are some of the cons of it

• 1. LIVING WITH HER PARENTS 2. LIVING WITH HER PARENTS 3. LIVING WITH HER PARENTS

• you can't have a idea worst than this one

• What are some of the cons of it