Is the 1st love the best in your opinion?

1st loves can be really intense experiences. Do you believe all the following loves can never compare?

if yes/no why?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I still remember my 1st birthday, but not the others.
    However, it was not the best. After it ended, I found them all to be stepping stones to my real relationship.

• Yes it's hard to let go of your 1st love when you break up least for me it was

• Not best but more than best :)

• I don't know, I think it would be kind of awkward for me. I remember seeing an episode of M*A*S*H where Hawkeye's first love cones back and he says something like, "Why does she have to keep coming back into my life every few years just to torture me? I'm alright, though, as long as she never really goes away." I've always thought that was a poignant moment. I could see myself feeling that way if I ever ended up with someone great and having a first love type of thing.

• I do think so, yes. My first love rejected me (awww). I got over it and moved on, but my heart still skips a beat whenever I see her (which sadly is very very rarely).

• noteworthy detail being that it's like 15 years ago

What Girls Said 4

• first love is exciting because everything is new... and you make some memories which you cannot forget.. but it is not at all the best.. it is like a hit or miss.. the one who comes at the end matters because it is the one which lasts longer.. probably rest of your life... and i believe if it is true.. it makes everything forget about the 1st one..

• Not for me! My first love was more like a practice round. One huge messy, extensive, exhausting, chore-like practice round. Which turned out to be a blessing because it made it damn near effortless to move on for good :)

• Oh, it definitely gets better. You know yourself better, you learn what you like, you build relationship skills that make everything better. My first boyfriend was charming and gorgeous, but _every_ relationship after him was better.

• Yes. Im in my 1st relationship. However, my boyfriend is not. I think that the way he treats me so well mighf have had to do with how he develop his skilll through othwr relationships. he's just so mature. Nd i think that i have developed mine due to him too. Im happy that i get to have such a great 1st relationship.

• I think for many, first loves are the most intense and exciting. everything is new.

but that doesn't necessarily mean the best. other loves may not have such "intense" feelings as the first love but i think you can feel much richer, deep love in other loves.