Why do people constantly pull the "That could have been someone's mother, daughter or sister" card whenever a man does something bad to a woman?

No one ever pulls the "Father or Brother or Son" card whenever there' a report of a woman murdering an innocent man (*cough cough* Jodi Arias). It's bullshit how society constantly tries to boost women's victimhood status just so they can alleviate the responsibilities of their own actions (women).

0|1
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. It's not some "card". You labeling it as "card" almost implies that you think the conversation is some sort of game being played and legitimate, factual, serious comments are less significant because it's just some "card" like the Ace that trumps them all. -_-
    2. People who do that are probably trying to incite some sort of COMPASSION. It's not about victimhood or alleviating responsibilities. It's about reminding someone who's being judgmental that the person in question is still a human being with loved ones.

1|0
    0|0
    • No one has compassion and sympathy for all the men (with loved ones) that have been murdered innocently or just plain treated so atrociously so I don't see the point of me showing any compassion to the women that have suffered the same in return.

• You are being a bit overemotional, slightly dramatic, and trying to speak for others. You don't speak for a group of people whom you don't know. It's more useful to cut out the dramatic generalizations and focus on the specific individuals in question

What Girls Said 4

• They usually say this for rape cases, because people dissociate from victims and need someone to suggest that it could have been a relative in order for them to feel bad or feel sympathy.

0|0
    0|0
  • its pathetic. a human being is a human being in their own right. not bc they have some property belonging to someone else.

to answer your question its bc women are not thought of as human beings but as appendages.

0|0
    0|1
  • i agree with you there are a lot of things that are horrible that happen to men and i think people should stop using this line you don't do something horrible to a person because they are somebodys mother, sister, or best friend you dont do something horrible to a person because they are human

0|0
    0|0
  • i agree with you...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I've seen the "brother, son, husband" line several times recently, actually. There are plenty of problems with feminism, but this isn't one of them and this ridiculous idea that women are the enemy just makes you look pathetic. None of us should be doing terrible things to another regardless of gender. Don't lose sight of the real issue.

Also, for the sake of saying it, there aren't very many instances of woman on man crime.

1|0
    0|1
    • Maybe not quite as common as man-on-woman crime but they sure as hell tend to be overlooked and hardly ever taken seriously because women are often seen as "innocent and delicate" beings that won't even harm a fly. If I had my way legally with someone like Jodi Arias, I wouldn't hesistate to put a bullet in her head to save all of us tax payers money on all of the undesereved free food, TV and media attention that's she's been receiving. Our justice system needs to stop giving women special treatment (giving them lesser consequences for the same exact crimes being committed by men).

• It's the classic political correctness ploy. Don't fall for it. They want you to conform to political correctness.

1|0
    0|0