Should guys Shave underarms?

just what the title says

• Yes
  • No
It seems like more girls want shaved... so far...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, please, shave it

• So you would say it looks more attractive if I do shave? How often do I need to shave?

• nah, that really doesn't last long, every day, maybe two if you're lucky

• Really that often? I had no idea? What about legs and pubic area?
      Thanks!! :)

What Girls Said 12

• Only if that want to.

It doesn't matter to me.
    It's not like I look under someones arm anyway.

Only if the guy has really long hairs growing out, that you can still see with his arms to his side then h can use a trim.

But besides that, armpit hairs for men are okay In my book.

• *Only if they want to.

• But what do you find more attractive?

• A guy with some leg hair, armpit hair (if not too wild), trimmed/shaved genital area

• No. I think men should not do away with any hair in his body, except for the facial if they want.

• People should do whatever they want with their armpit hair. But it would be convenient if everyone shaved, since the sweaty smell attaches to the hairs a lot easier and makes it smell more. If you have clean shaven armpits you are less likely to smell.

• I wear deodorant so there is no smell issue, Im just asking what seems more attractive... lol!!

• Im from Canada, It doesn't get hot here... lol!!

• Well it doesn't have to be hot really, people sweat for many different reasons and deodorant can't always protect you.

• Only if they want to. Once you start, you can't ever go back though.

• I prefer shaved or at least trimmed or something lol. I don't like the wild bushiness :)

• Yes they should and I wouldn't date a man who didn't.

• yes.. yes... yes...

• Well depends

• If they want to

• If they don't shave it they should at least trim it

• It's seems pretty tough to do that spot with scissors though...

• That's why you use a buzzer, it's much easier, quicker, and safer.

• Like hair clippers then, ok!

Thanks for the help!!

• yes please

• Shave? No. Keep it from becoming a big hairy bush? Yes.

What Guys Said 12

• I myself shave my pits and my chest. Not with a razor, just clippers.

I don't mind leg hair or pubic hair on a girl. But I do think human body hair is "half-evolved." That is, we were furry once, and were evolving towards hairlessness, minus a select few places, supposedly so our sweat system works better. But instead we were left in a half-pubescent state where we have awkward tufts of hair, like a half-shaven poodle. To me, the pits are the worst. It's one of the stinkiest parts of the body, and there it is just hanging out.

To me personally, I think instead of reclaiming pit hair for women, we should instead pressure men to remove theirs. But what people do should be totally up to them, so I don't make a big fuss about it.

I mostly just figure that I shouldn't expect someone to do something that I myself don't do. Ergo, I trim my hair where I can.

• I don't know if I should or not but no way I'm shaving my body

• Just trim them so they aren't super hairy, that's what I do. Less BO and less deodarent needed. It's more practical.

• yes, i believe guys and girls should. It's all part of maintaining personal hygiene. Underarm hair traps odours produced by sweating, making you smell needlessly worse than you need to.

• I have shaven my underarms many times due to my sweat problem but after i read that underarm and genitals hair release scents that attract women i don't touch them anymore.

• If they want to

• I used MALE hair removal cream on mine, and my chest and stomach, mmmmm

• I heard it kinda burns though?

• it can if you have sensitive skin, we have veet for men in the UK, and DONT use it on your pubes or balls, i've heard really bad things haha. you just rub on the cream and 5 mins later wipe/scrape it off and the hair comes with it, its so easy

• Okay wow, I did not expect women to want guys to shave their arms.

• I don't think they really do want guys to shave their armpits. Most women would make fun of a guy that shaves his armpits. Most likely they are just upset with the double standard even though they are contributing to it when they make fun of guys that do shave their body hair.

• @heavensgift2girls (nice name btw)
      I just realized I was way off, I thought underarms were the part of your arms from your elbow to your wrist (in dutch we actually call those onderarmen, so literally translated underarms :p), not armpits :p I was like: what the fuck, why do women want men to shave those?
      Anyway, yeah I feel like men shaving body hair is often conceived as "unmanly" by women so that's why it confused me that they would want guys to do it. Maybe you are right about the double standard thing. Personally I'm not planning to shave my pit hair, it's not really that much anyway.

• Shaving should be personal choice, not a have to choice.

• i find it interesting that now days female traits are starting to become attractive male traits

• I'm surprised by the female answers, but I shouldn't be. It's funny because I shave other places, but I don't shave my under arms lol. That's too much work and then I'm liable to break out with something because of soap or deodorant just because I took all the hair away.

• I shave my underarm even though I don't sweet a lot because it's extra hygiene