Should I lie about my age? Why or why not?

Two reasons why I wanna lie about my age.
A) Tired of people being surprised that I don't look my age. I'm a guy, looking like you're still 18 at 27 is embarrassing... yeah yeah I hear the 'you'll appreciate it when you get older' but right now, I stand next to grown men and I feel like a little fucking teen! Hello body, are your bones ever gonna start growing more? GROW PLEASE!

B) Tired of having to lie about my past. I haven't done much in my life, I suffered through a decade of chronic pain and missed out on things, many things. I hate admitting that I didn't go to college or that I don't have a great job at age 27 or my life isn't well put together at my age. It's much more lenient being 20 and having a crappy life, you have an excuse, you're still young.

Reasons why I should and should not lie about my age? I can pass for 20 easy

Most Helpful Girl

• a. it is a great thing you look younger. It is a blessing you will see later. When you will be 40 you will look like nothing more than 30, whereas all your guy friends look like way older than you.

b. do not be ashamed of your past. It is what made you, right now. Things happen. We can not control what should happen or not to us. You had a serious thing beside. Medical problems is a serious thing. If you could not have out all things together, so what? Are you healthy? That counts more than anything.

Just be yourself and comfortable who you are. Those people you need who accept you as you are.

What Girls Said 2

• I am 27 and i was asked for ID the last time I wanted to buy beer and the legal age for buying alcohol here is 18. The cashier thought there might be a possibility that I am 17!!!
    I still don't lie about my age and school guys hit on me which i find ridiculously funny!

• dont lie about it.

What Guys Said 4

• Telling a lie is not a good way to begin any relationship. Telling the truth isn't always easy, but you know it is the right thing to do. How would you feel if you started dating someone and, after a month, they told you they were born a guy and had a sex change procedure? Once you say telling lies is okay, you are proceeding down a slippery slope. Trust is knowing that someone has never lied to you and feeling confident that they never will. Once you lie, someone will never completely trust you.

• a) this is good actually... personally i'd be very happy if they told me i look 18 at 27, and since u KNOW u are 27 wot's so bad about it? honestly i believe those other guys u mention will go jelly if u look 18 ;)

b) i know u cannot undo past and it's shitty as fuck... but anyway u don't have to mention about yer past if they ask u. just say it was shitty, and u don't wanna discuss about it

anyway i believe it's better being honest, otherwise if they find out u were lyin then things would be even worse.

• You should never lie about anything.

• I look really older like 5 years older, i must say it's not that fun