What do you like and know about Australia?

When you think of Australia what comes to your head, if you live here what do you like about it, what are your views on the political system?

Most Helpful Guy

• My home. Things I like:
    *Australia has one of the most efficient healthcare systems in the world, well above the UK and USA.
    *Strict gun control laws which have seen a rapid decline in gun-related violence and exactly zero gun massacres.
    *I love the large, wide diverse landscapes. The Outback, the bush, rain forests, the coral reefs, beaches, beautiful cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane with amazing architecture like the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and MCG.
    *The weather can be unpredictable and sometimes very dangerous (bush fires, cyclones, hailstorms) but most of the time you'll have perfect temperatures and conditions.
    * I love my snow-less winters in Sydney (and most of the country) and I love spending Christmas during summer. Summer in Australia is beautiful.
    *I love Australian sport and how it is an integral part of our culture. Cricket, rugby league, rugby union, Australian rules football, football/soccer, netball, golf etc.
    *Australian bands such as AC/DC, INXS, and Powderfinger.
    *Australian actors such as Cate Blanchett, Hugh Jackman, the late Heath Ledger.
    *Australians generally have a pretty chill and laid-back attitude and a dry sense of humour.
    *I love our multiculturalism with people of all races from all around the world living in Australia and bringing all kinds of flavour.
    *Our vast history of Indigenous Australian culture with icons such as boomerangs and didgeridoos.
    *Our range of unique flora and fauna, such as kangaroos and koalas

What do I think of the current political party? The Coalition are absolute wankers who need to be kicked out as they are unfit to govern. I'll leave it at that.

What Girls Said 3

• The great Barrier reef!
    Some weird stuff called vegemite that people love
    Being absolutely blunt and forward
    movies like kangaroo jack and finding nemo
    big ass spiders
    the fact that most of the place is deserted aND that most people live on the coast while a few are actually paid to live along the fence lines maintaining them
    many ethnicities secluded in their own communities... I think of all of this when I hear of australia

• I've been on holiday there before and my conclusion
    they don't seem to like Asians much
    kangaroo tastes delicious
    scary wildlife
    interesting natives

That's about it

• To be honest, when I think of Australia I think more about the wildlife. I mean like platypi, kangaroos, koalas, and stuff like that. And also scary ass spiders.

What Guys Said 9

• They have the most venomous snake in the world. They have a lot of box jellyfish which are the most venomous creature in the world. I know there's a golf course where the water ponds have bull sharks in them. I know they have the most reported shark attack fatalities in the world. They also have a lot of crocs. Kangaroos, koalas. Awesome and dangerous wildlife. I know all their major cities are on the coast. If you tell people in Perth you're on vacation there they will apologize to you for coming there...

• Wide open spaces, friendly people (I have never met an Aussie I didn't like), laid-back atmosphere. As far as politics goes, I would have lived there, but the gun control is WAY too strict for someone from the western US who grew up on a ranch with guns on racks. I was a zookeeper for years, and loved reptiles, so I always dreamed about at least visiting there just to do some photography. I'd like to take three months or so and rent an RV and just drive across the country to see as much as I can, from the Great Barrier Reef to the outback to the rainforests. Who knows -- maybe some day.

• I only really know Australia from the soaps, the sports, the bands and a few celebs. Couple of things come to mind Sydney Opera house, Ayers Rock, Aborignies, Great Barrier reef and the local animals.

• The coffee in Melbourne is simply out of this world. Life is pretty relaxed, and the country is a great little retirement village.

However, the political system is overrun by mentally retarded, racist and corrupt white men. There is a deep seeded communist culture among Australians, although we are in denial about it.

• Young government, ancient people, breathtaking scenery and landscape, dangerous wildlife on land and in the water... love the people, the land and the language. Bloody proud of it too!

• I know that it's racist af there. oh, and a pretty dangerous environment. Your prime minister is as much of an arse as David too.

• Kangaroos. Just kangaroos. Lots of them

• Seems like a cool vacation destination but I don't anything else about it or their politics.

• What's it like stealing a continent?

• We stole it ages ago so it really doesn't matter any more, and the original owners still live here its just they aren't respected very often

• Wait, what? I'm not respected? Bugger!