Do you think four years of acting degree with help to break in Hollywood?

I am a 32 years old Comedian, I have tons of responsibilities on my head, I have to take care my parents (they are old and I am not selffish) and I have a daughter that needs my financial help. So, I have been doing comedy and working my ass off. Every one is talking about power of education, and I feel bad not having it. On the other note there a lot of people who became successful in Hollywood with-out any education in there hand. So I don't know what to do! Oh God Help me!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you do stand up, are you in any improve groups or taken any classes from acting coaches? Are you a member of SAG?

I do not thing a fine arts degree is the way to go. It is mostly theatre acting though it could help you with your style. Looks at comedians you admire and their story from their early years. Stand up guys usually start at the bottom and slug across he country and networking with other comedians is important. If you can find good sparring partners for bits. True comedians seem to be very loyal to the people they started with early in their career so if they get a break they'll try to sell the producers or directors on giving you a part if you a good for it or even right one in.

If you have talent as a writer then film school could be an option and always something to fall back on. From hat I understand to get a role in a movie you have to be a member of SAG but you can't join the guild without screen work so it is the first hurdle to work through. Have you ever looked for an agent?

What Girls Said 2

• Lol wtf. Quit flipping out!

• i doubt it.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know. Hollywood is like the equivalent of the ocean and you would be the equivalent of a fish that's swimming in this huge ocean, degree or not. Can you do it? Probably, but don't have your hopes up high because Hollywood is a tough place to break out into since there's always hundreds/thousands of other people that has the same goal as you.

If I were you and my goal was to become a successful comedian then I'll start out small and then expand to the big scene as I gather a large following. Instead of starting in Hollywood, I'll start out in the nearest major city (s) and try to become locally recognize and then try to expand my horizon.

As for the degree thing, it's not a prerequisite in becoming a successful Hollywood star. Yes, some stars do have degrees, but most of their degrees have nothing to do with their profession in acting. Having a huge pool of talent is really all one need in order to break into Hollywood. If your talents shines bright then somebody will reach out to you.