What do people respect more the gay community or religion?

I'm a atheist. Or a guy who believes with no Church so what ever that is.

Any wayA I feel like this generation care more about the gays than religion.

I honestly don't care about both. I kinda believe in a god and gay people are ehh to me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I have *remarkably* little respect for organized religeon, and I'm just kinda "meh" with the gay community... So technically I guess I respect the gay community more... No opinion is better than a low opinion, I guess...

What Girls Said 6

• Doesn't really matter to me. I love gays, I'm not gay but I am bisexual and I don't really have a specific religion. I might believe in God? I don't know. I respect everyone's beliefs though.

• I fully support the gay community and respect them as individuals. I respect religion when it's used to help others (churches rebuilding homes for people and giving food and all that), and I respect people's right to believe what they want, but otherwise... I'm not against religion, I just don't respect religion itself.

• I'm not religious (I'm an atheist), however I'm generally respectful of other people's beliefs, and don't really have a problem with religion unless it's being used as a platform to justify hurting, controlling, or spreading misinformation to people. And, about the LGBT community, I'm supportive of equal rights for all people, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation. etc.

• I dont know about respected but being gay is more protected now. Its pretty much accepted you can anything bad about a church now.

• im a christian, but if someone is gay, all the power to them! nothing wrong with being gay. nothing wrong with being straight. im not gay, but there's nothing wrong with it. they can't change. i almost wanna say i care more about the gay community. these days, it seems like people are always trying shove their two cents and religion down peoples throats, telling people that being gay is wrong and that god will hate you if you're gay. if god doesn't want gays, why would he make them? but thats just my opinion.

• i respect both.

What Guys Said 5

• Probably gay as the church lost the culture war in the 90's. The last major church influence was the purity rings.

• First off you aren't an atheist. From what I can tell, you're a Judeo-Christian monotheist of some variety.

Second, the LGBT crowd has had a vastly better public relations campaign that that of mainline Christians, so us Christians get rekt hard.

• I don't think there a gos per say maybe aliens made us. You know it would be foolish to think we are alone

• I agree that aliens are most certainly out there, and God could very well simply be an advanced alien life.

• I don't respect any of it.

Of course, Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster is an exception.

• U respect people coz u polite person not because of ur views even if u disagree with them

• Actually atheism is the belief there is no God. You can still be religious while being atheist, I'm agnostic (question the existence of God) but I was raised and chose the religion of Judaism