Why do Americans get all easily offended when some of their own citizens can admit that there are plenty of other countries that are just as free and?

great as them but in different ways?

I was on a Facebook page about how Ariana Grande offended many people with her Anti-American remarks in her donut video. There was one person comments about how Ariana can leave the country if she feels that way and that there are no other countries as great as the US. Then another person rebutts the first person comment by pointing out countries like Canada, the Nordic countries, the UK and many Western European countries that are just as great and free as them. Then the first commenter responds by saying "Maybe you should live in those countries if that's what you believe".

I can understand that Ariana Grande crossed the line with her remarks and should be grateful to live in the country like the US but Americans need to stop being so damn jingoistic. Omitting the oppressive 3rd world countries, freedom and a greatness of a country is what you make of it (basically which country is best for you by your overall beliefs and so on).

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are stupid living in a fallacy that they have freedom.

What Girls Said 3

• We have a bit of rabid patriotism over here. Fierce loyalty to the country is valued, and the acknowledgement that other countries deserve praise is considered a criticism of our own country. I've gotten snapped at for saying all kinds of "unpatriotic" things, haha.

We're not all bad, but I think it's kind of excessive overall.

• It's stupid. It's funny how Americans preach so much about freedom of speech yet would be very quick to attack the person if he/she's being modest towards other countries and doesn't believe that her country is a perfect Utopian world. As a proud American, even I can admit that Canada is as great of a country in different ways.

• Agreed. We're a very, uh, passionate nation, haha. It's fun sometimes, but sometimes people need to just sit down and cool it. The ego is not necessary, and learning about the outside world is a good thing!

• Yup. That's part of the reason why we have international notoriety among the world. People outside of the US look at us as retards who are too ignorant and cocky because of a loud minority of the idiotically jingoistic-type Americans.

• Chill out dude :) #generalisaton149

• After this next presidential election in 2016, depending upon who will win, I might need to move to Canada lol

What Guys Said 3

• While Grande crossed the line quite a bit, I am an American and I'll admit there are plenty of free countries out there, we even helped modernize a few of them, but I'll always enjoy the freedom I have here more. But these people who state that our country is the best in the world are not correct there are many fine countries in this world but there is nothing wrong with being patriotic and loving your country I am very patriotic, just don't be a dick about it.

• Nothing wrong with being patriotic of your country at all. Just remember the difference between patriotism and jingoism and not to have this "I'm from America and me and my country are better than the rest of the world" mentality that a loud minority of Americans have. Luckily I'm not a part of those loud and extreme minorities as I as a proud American myself can stay objective of other countries and my own.

• Then we agree on that lol.

• I get it but you never really know until you have actually visited those other countries how good or bad it really is, I doubt I will go anywhere else since I was born in the U. S. But I have been to other countries and they all have their pros and cons so I think I'll stay right here

• I've never heard of anyone ever saying one negative thing about Canada so I don't see why they get butthurt for hearing honesty and modesty from their own citizens when they haven't even said anything negative of their own country.

• Yeah. I mean if one American decides to either get dual citizenship or immigrate to another country and openly admits on how grateful he/she is of the US and respects the country, then none of us Americans have the right to judge his/her choice.

• So we pretty much agree I would say then

• Its because we believe we are the bestest.