What is the Best Antivirus Software for Windows 10?

I installed Windows 10. Downloaded Avast, it doesn`t work properly. What will you recommend?

I mean windows 10 technical preview

Most Helpful Girl

• Norton antivirus software, I have been using it for five years now (ever since I got my first laptop) and I have never had a problem. Nothing bad has ever happened to my laptop with the Norton antivirus software installed.

• I wouldn't touch Norton with a 10 foot poll, not only is it bloatware but they actively block human rights websites and such which have no malware/spyware.

• @BelfastBoy
      Thanks! I think my year of protection is almost up so I might switch over to one of the ones you suggested! I had no clue Norton was like that. I don't want to be supporting a company like them.

• Zonealarm can be 'set and forget' or in 'training mode'. It's an 'in and out' firewall which means you can decide which programs you do and don't want communicating out to the internet, windows firewall does the same. Just remember that svchost is a windows process that is used by a lot of other stuff so it's always ok to let 'out'. Comodo is good but it's a little more bloated than it used to be, I personally just use windows firewall atm but I have a really great router that handles a lot of stuff and a xen hypervisor server with VPN encrypted private internet access. If you have windows 7/8 you'll also be able to upgrade to windows 10 at the end of July for free if you reserve a copy.

What Girls Said 3

• Definitely and without hesitation Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. When I installed Windows 10 technical preview, I downloaded latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Windows 10 totally free by recommendations of my friend (who is a programmer, btw).

• How is the technical preview going? - have you noticed many bugs?, I've been thinking of doing the same myself before the official release.

• i use quick heal
    i don't know if one gets it where you live

• McAfee
    Filler

• second worst choice, after norton :D

• unlikely. you said you have no issues with it, so that's how it is :) it's just a waste of money in my opinion

• @zoooot oh okay :o

What Guys Said 9

• I avoid Windows like the plague (I use mostly OS X now, some Linux too), but I've used ESET NOD32 in the past, it did its job.

I also recommend to scan your computer with this often: http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro — it has a free trial, and it uses the virus databases of a whole lot of antivirus companies to detect almost anything. I've gotten rid of lots on other people's "broken" computers using this.

• Windows 10 is still work in progress so as Microsoft tell in their website it may not work properly (i. e like win 7/8/8.1 full versions), so that why Avast did not work properly but

here are some of the best antiviruses at the moment (2015)

Bitdefender Antivirus
    Kapersky Antivrus
    Webroot
    F-Secure

• AVG is free and does the job just fine. Windows 10 is very new so just give developers some time to adapt, you'll probably find a lot more things that won't work out of the box.

• Avast and SuperAntiSpyware. AVG's a complete joke, beaten only by Norton in shoddiness. SAS has actually fished my laptops from the jaws of viruses on several occasions already, so they have my obedience.

• I've used Comodo Free Firewall however for antivirus my favourite and least obtrusive is bitdefender. Eset have some good stuff as well called Nod32 though you have to pay for it.

• Malwarebytes. Handsdown.

• I have used Avira for many years and it has worked really well!

by the way what do you think about Windows 10? I'm pretty excited for it as my Windows 8.1 has started getting problems lately...

• I wouldn't have jumped on Windows 10 yet, nothing's compatible. Avast is the best I've found, AVG is so intrusive and slows my PC down (quad core) when updating, and it updates a lot.

• MalwareBytes

• I've got Kaspersky. It's really good!