How would you feel about a person that jokes at inappropriate times?

This person is a jokester in general.

You are speaking from the heart about a topic that draws emotion to you.
Example - You are speaking about the hurt they caused you.

Then this persons cracks a joke (it's about you in a rude way but said in a sarcastic sense).
"You're pmsing"

Are you being over sensitive when you put this person in their place? To me that's showing a total disregard for my feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's completely unacceptable. There's a time to crack jokes and a time to be serious. And this is not that time.

What Guys Said 6

• there is a time and place for everything lol. I bet they dont crack jokes at an open casket funeral.

• Lol.
      You'd be surprised.
      His dad had skin cancer and he cracked a joke in front of him about it. That's just his humor

• daaaaaang. he doesn't give an eff about nothin'! hahaa. well if its his humor and he just can't help it then I can't help but to tell him to shut the eff up lol.

• Joking in mean way can hurt ones feelings , i believe there is a good way
    and there is bad way to joke and all people have feelings ,

• dude, what is with your text format? Why is it always formatted in that way?

• @GirlScoutsRevenge I think it's cause i get used to typing a certain way
      trust me i been trying to improve my typing skills cause i never learned much
      this is new laptop I'm using but i do notice my format is much different i really
      like to be able to do it right that can answer lot things.

• I've never noticed your English or grammar is bad, just puzzled by the layout is all :)

• I am that person, so I feel pretty good about them.

Though to be fair I don't mock friends if they're legitimately in a bad way and I can "tell" they're in a bad way, I'm good at picking what is and what isn't an inappropriate situation to start joking, at least amongst friends.

To yourself I'm sure every other thing is inappropriate, however.

• I'm fine with jokes just not when I'm speaking about a serious topic or about how much hurt this person made me feel

• To me that is a fuck you or I don't care about the way u feel

• Insensitive pretty much

• I love to make joke all the time but never using that pmsing word , i think it is more rude than funny

• that's me that's me

• that is not a good thing to do.

What Girls Said 5

• that they should be careful about the atmosphere before cracking a joke

• I'll fucken slap them and slam them against the wall

• They should get beaten senseless for doing that.

• they should know the limits

• I'm that kind of person. I hate people who can't take sarcasm or jokes during an emotional or stressful time. Like c'mon.

• So you joke all of the time like this person? U don't know when to be serious?
      Me and him joke all of the time.
      But there comes a time when u have to be serious and stop telling jokes.
      Especially when I am talking about a serious topic or how much he hurt my feelings.
      Joking in that situation is immature and insensitive.
      I guess u r that type of person.
      Going overboard is never ok