Do you think Greece is responsible for it's Economic collapse?

So.. you've all heard by now. Germany is holding together the Euro and the EU. Greece are on the brink of financial collapse. Do you think Greece is responsible for it's downfall? I personally believe they are. They kept 'borrowing' and borrowing from Germany, France.. etc. Now they've sustained a heavy debt and cannot pay it back.

It's like you keep on borrowing from a loan shark and expect nothing to happen. Greece really have screwed themselves over.

• Yes, they are responsible
  • No, they are not

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats not entirely true. Lets get things from the beginning. The collapse of Greece began in 1974 with the return of democracy (as always) after the end of its 7 year old dictatorship.
    During the 80's the socialists took power and that was the period that spread the corruption all over the country. Bribery, fake pensions, pulling strings of politicians and above all the abuse of power and money from the government. The finance minister of Greece at that time raised pensions and payments and hired thousands of civil servants many of them barely had to do any work. All this to keep the people happy but blind. So the people kept voting for them. The result is what you see today. But the EU is also responsible. All these offers they make to Greece are leading again to downfall. The only one's who make profit are the banks. And know that Greece has many raw materials but not the technology to make use of them. Its that what Germany is after being an industrial beast.
    As for the money that supposedly Germany owes to Greece since the end of WW2, this debt was deleted during the 50's in exchange of food and other materials according to the Marshall Plan (officially the European Recovery Plan). Both governments of Greece and Germany signed a treaty that relieved Germany of its debt towards Greece. But this is something the greek media never tells, so the Greeks being the dumbasses of Europe, still whine about Nazis and 3rd Reich with Angela Merkel being Hitlers daughter. With such stupidity, no wonder they collaborated with their corrupt governments for decades and now brought chaos to their country.

What Girls Said 1

• yes and I don't care about what the Democrats have to say.

What Guys Said 7

• As a German who's been on vacation in Greece in 2003,2004 and 2006, I can tell that they are lazy and corrupt. Road sings had bullet holes, houses were left to rot instead of having them torn down to safe money, and all the Greek men hang around in cafes at noon and won't start working again till 4pm.

Greece has great potential for tourism nonetheless, just giving them money won't solve the problem, why don't politicians make a plan to rebuild the country just like there was a plan to rebuild East Germany? In my opinion, Germany should just abandon the Euro and have its own currencies which would be the strongest in Europe next to the Pound Sterling. But no one knows what will happen to Greece if we let them down - maybe the Russians will settle there, which really nobody wants.

• of course. i dont feel sorry for them. they fucked up their own books, and then now they're paying the price.

• I heard something about how germany owes greece a lot of money anyway but I'm not sure, I don't really have an opinion.

• Greece bailed on Germany after the War, I wouldn't blame Germany if they bailed as well. 😂

• Yes they are. They are responsible for all their previous economic collapses. Why should other EU citizens support their no tomorrow financial attitude.

• If you mean with Greece, ths greek government then yes but the people like you and me aren't responsable

• Greece and the EU bear equal amounts of responsibility.

• Yes, they're idiots.