I want to join US military, but I don't want to get shot. What should I do?

I can't pilot aircrafts either, is there any easier way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Join the Air force or Navy and choose a job there that doesn't really involve combat.

• But don't we have to pilot aircrafts? We get to choose our own job?

• that doesn't really promise you safety. anyone in the military there is at least a small risk of danger or combat. im USAF and my job isn't a "combat" position but trust me, if you job isn't a combat position, it happens.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think anybody joining the military WANTS to get shot😂😂😂

• you can b the chef... i think they need them too in military..

• the air force is easy although most air force cadets don't ever see the inside of a plane

What Guys Said 8

• There are many positions in the military that are uncombative. Researcher, intelligence officer, doctor/nurse, fire fighter, truck driver, clerk, administration, finance, maintenance, mechanic, transportation and etc. Hell they have people in the military where their only job is to just write (they usually have English degrees though). The Signal Corps also specialize in non-combative role along with the Coast Guard.

Most of the positions in the Navy and Air Force are pretty safe as well, unless we're at all out war (WW3). But most of the time, they rarely are sent out on the front lines.

• There's always the risk of getting shot when you join the military. Can't you join as something else than a soldier? Maybe as a doctor or any kind of job that will allow you to join the military.

• Consider Coast Guard.

• Exactly why do you want to join the military if you don't want to get shot? Just to take advantage of the GI Bill? Maybe talk to a recruiter.

• ok first of all, why can't you be a pilot? if your saying that because you know nothing of planes, they will teach you it all if you get a pilots slot but that requires a commission so you need 4 years of ROTC or go to a service academy. but if you dont want shot, your best option would be to work on the flight line in either the navy or air force. or a mechanic. but any job in the military there's no promise you won't be hurt.

• Don't join the military if you don't want to get shot

• Medical Doctor? ground engineering? As a cook? As a cleaner?

• Stay low and stick to cover.