Do you think complete gender equality is achievable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, it is impossible, for a reason, the only way would be to test your morality and go against nature through the use of science I don't support either.

What Guys Said 24

• If you mean both genders having equal abilities and capacities in all things, then no. If you mean both genders having equal opportunities and rights under the law, then yes.

• Almost. You just have to stop thinking in sexist terms. But women are the only ones who can give birth... So unless we develop artifical wombs, nope.

• I absolutely do. Equality doesn't mean that everyone is exactly the same, only that everyone is treated equally by society. So gender equality is trying to fix the societal gaps in how we treat the genders, not the biological ones. That definitely is something I think can be achieved, especially if people would actually make some effort toward it.

• Nope, we're too different for that. It's best we have equality within reason.

• Nope, i think it is stupid. don't get me wrong maybe men and women can be equal according to the law but i think a complete equality is against to the rule of nature. look at the nature, watch documentaries about wild life, even in the animal world, male and female animals have different roles and they behave differently. Male and female humans have different way of thinkings between us humans too so in my opinion complete gender equality is impossible and stupid to think but as i wrote before it may be according to the law.

• I would be happy with it, love the idea! :D
    But if it could happen... some may dislike it I'm afraid :o

• Maybe in the future, but only after the older generations (including this one) have died. Because sexism is so deeply ingrained into most people's brains that it's probably irreversible. So it's up to future generations to be raised without such sexist social conditioning.

• Not completely due to biological differences but things do need to be more equal from a social and legal standpoint.

• No because men and women think and act differently and have their ups and downs. The best we can shoot for is equal treatment and opportunities but they can't be EXACTLY equal.

• No. There's still a biological difference between both genders that just can't be ignored. We can get better though.

• nope. not with humans at least

• Nope, its impossible because someone will always feel they are getting less even than the other person.

• no, unless men have babies.

• I think we are pretty much as close as possible right now.

• Not till I'm alive.

• until men are alowed to wear woman dress and woman date them

• is it possible no. i t looks wired

• yea in turkey we have gender equality even about some jobs luckier than guys

• Men and women are not the same so its impossible!

• It will never be complete gender equality, because at the end of the day each gender has something the other can't do. Like the fact that some women can't stop mentioning how lucky/unlucky they are for pregnancy or periods.

So in terms of workplace and how we're treated in society then yes it's achievable.

• nop... because men are always superior than women... its in nature... nature rules can't be changed ever...

• Complete gender equality doesn't exist because we are biologically different. I believe in equal opportunities and equal protection under the law. I don't see women pushing for an law to make them eligible for the draft, though. But I see plenty pushing for sex assault laws that require just taking the woman's word for it. Neither of those is "equality".

• Why would biological differences be a good reason for inequality?

• No. There is no excuse for inequality under the law. Just taking the author's wording literally, we can't be biologically equal because you can't deny we are different there. I think you just read my first sentence and commented. I believe men and women should be equal under the law and afforded equal opportunities.

• Equality is not a concept which makes sense without qualification, e. g. equality before the law, equal opportunity. There is no such thing as complete equality outside mathematics.

• i hope not

What Girls Said 6

• If people ever got their heads out of their asses, then yes, but probably not. Most people cling too hard to stereotypes and what they believe are gender specific roles for this to actually happen

• what do you mean by equality? not being snarky. i just want to know so i can answer properly:)

• no people are equally the same, regardless of sex. equality deals with things not people. rules laws treatment.. these are things. people are not. a right is not a thing but it is belonging to a hum, an and the human need not be the same as any other human to have the same rights recognized. the plaint of recognizing human rights systematically deals with the paradox of striving for equality in a world when we are all born unequal.

• I agree.
      I meant equality in every field because iv seen many people usually women say things like why can't do this and that just because I'm a woman.. Even things that are not appropriate for their gender.

• Maybe in 50years

• No its not. the sexes aren't equal.

• Womyn Power!!

• No, because whe there you like it or not, men and women will never be the same.