Which one do you trust more: science or religion?

• Science
  • Religion
  • Depends on the religion

Most Helpful Girl

• Science more so.

I respect peoples religions enough not try not to inflict my own views on them.
    I dislike when some religious people try to say I need to be led.

There's a reason why it's called a "belief" and not a fact.

What Girls Said 13

• Science of course. I don't believe/trust religion at all.

• Science... As it's mainly based on proof and facts. Religion is mainly based beliefs that are never proven.

• I say depends on the religion. Science is useful for this life but is useless for the next life and our lives on earth might be 60 - 120 or 130 years but our lives after we die last for over a million years.

• Science, because it's showing proofs about our life's about everything, not only that, it's like a guidance of humanity, making our lifes much more easier, lot of things for me to follow science.

Religion? It's only working with faith, and? Nothing...

• Science has testable and verifiable findings. Religion is based on human faith which can be easily manipulated.

• i trust both... some things dont make sense to me in science.. i go for religion.. and when something dont make sense to me in religion i try to understand it with science..

• Religion is just to make answers. You should learn to be comfortable without the answers. Science shows us that we don't know anything yet, but we are figuring it out. Religion is just an easy way to make shit up.

• religion is more of a moral path for me... but thanks for comment.. @promiscuous-petal

• I love being Christian but science explains most things in its complexity and simplicity

• Science, but you can get good information from every religion.

• No you can't. Religion is nothing but myths and made up stories. Science is the only thing we should trust.

• In a spiritual sense, every religion has their own interpretations of what life is and why things are the way they are. Obviously not to be taken literally, but there are messages to be decoded. @promiscuous-petal

• Science of course. Science is all facts and facts are what truth is. I'm not much of a religious person but I believe that sometimes religion (holy books) makes sense to us than science does in our day to day life.

• religion sucks

• Niether. Chrisitanity and The bible says that science is the reflection of the maker.

• ... both...

• I follow God, not religion

What Guys Said 19

• I trust science more. Science got us to the moon. It provided us with all the technology we currently enjoy. It taught us about how our bodies function and what medicines to use when we fall ill. It explains how varying landscapes on Earth came to be like mountains, rivers, volcanoes and deserts. It explains about our planet's history and past species (dinosaurs, saber-tooth tiger, mammoth). It explain phenomenons that have puzzled man for millenniums like rain, lighting, thunder, a rainbow, a full moon and the aurora lights come to be. It explains why humans are so diverse in their appearances, such as hair texture, skin color, eye color and etc. It explains why Antarctica is a huge block of ice and no other continent is. It explains why lions, tigers, panthers, cheetahs and house cats are so similar but at the same time so different. It explains how conception, birth and sex operate.

Most of the questions that has ever came across mankind minds, science has answered it with proof. Religion is a different monster that has given us a system that we can use as a guideline for our morality, but I do not feel that it should be used as a textbook to explain about certain mysteries in our world, especially when you consider that there's over 4,200 religions and each one of them have their own explanation for the same damn thing.

• Science. ha. You know people not long ago drank radioactive fluids for health benefits?

George Washington bled to death because the doctors thought blood could go bad?

I think Christianity is more solid than the "science" that comes and goes. When I was a kid, no one knew about BPD chemicals leeching into drinks from plastic cups. What will we be saying in 10 years?

"Those idiots, they used cell phones and gave themselves brain cancer!" "They drank coffee and poisoned themselves!" "They didn't know abortion makes women have breast cancer!"

Who knows. Science is here today, gone tomorrow.

• Option A - For people who aren't completely and utterly daft.
    Option B - For people who have been indcontrinated since childhood
    Option C - A Clash of the two xD.

• As a Christian I have to say I am skeptical of both. I'm not a fan of organized religion and don't really trust a lot of churches. I believe in a God, and Jesus as my Savior, but I am weary when listening to preachers, pastors etc. Medieval Catholasism is a prime example as to why I don't. They twisted the Bible and religion to make them all powerful over the people. They still kind of do.
    I also don't trust science because of constant changes. I suppose it's good that they constantly test and change and learn more, but what was right even a couple of years ago could be false now. What we once believed as absolute fact has become a myths and superstitions. What we believed years ago would be foolish in these modern times. Also I don't believe in the Big Bang, or macro-evolution, so I can't really trust some of the key parts of science.

• Science is the only sane answer.

It doesn't have the answer to everything and often provides incorrect answers as well, but as a system based on repeatable observation and analysis, it's an inherently self-correcting system while religion perpetuates its errors to hide its flaws.

• Science, obviously, cause they prove things, they show you what's real and what's not, it doesn't tell you a story to manipulate you.

• Science actually works and has proven itself time and time again so I trust that more obviously..

• Science tells me how the universe was made, Religion tells meby whom it was made.

I believe in both science and religion, I see little to no contradictions.

• I do not think science and religion are mutually exclusive, in fact I believe they coincide.

• I don't really pay much attention to science, and i don't trust it either. Its almost always based on inference, experiments with millions of variables, and educated guesses. Most of it is theories, not facts.

Plus, it attempts to explain the mysteries of the world, that don't really need to be explained. Humans are too curious for their own good. Why not enjoy nature rather then spending your whole life stressing about why this does that, how this was made, etc. etc.

• Well, I think phones, planes, medicine, cars, tv, ac, electricity, and computers (which are all made because of our advancements in science by the way) are very good answers as to why it's good to trust science.

Saying you don't trust science while using a phone, or computer to type your comment on gag, and using science in your life to solve everyday problems is very hypocritical.

• I personally don't trust religion at all. Some religions do have good morals but the overall picture is more often than not just nonsense or a fairytale written while drunk, or sober, whatever, I can't base my thinking on a book of which no one can prove if the contents are true.

• Since I am completely not religious, since would be the obvious choice.

• In my relgion science isn't against relgion , my relgion orders us to work and to create and understand things which is science

• Where science fails/stops my religion starts...

• God created science, go figure.

• -looks at poll results and sighs-

bestillcat.files.wordpress.com/.../...284066_n.jpg

• Because Jesus would flip us the bird >.<
      Coincidentally, that's what we do to him

• I believe in Science. Its the man who made God not God who made the man.

• Religion all day...

• Trust about what? They address different topics.

• There are topics on which both speak. In such cases, there are fundamental discrepancies between them.

• For evolution I would put more trust in science since religion doesn't weigh in on that topic. But if you mean which of the two main variants of evolution, I don't think religion enters into that question at all. If you're referring to the intelligent design possibility, I think rejection of that idea because it sounds like religion is more of a faith-based attitude than a scientific one so it's kind of a wash. With genetically modified organisms and the possibility of creating an AI computer, intelligent design does not have to be supernatural so I have never thought that idea is out of bounds.

As for how the world was created, I know the main scientific theory (I've only ever heard one, really), and the only religion that I know to any extent addresses only the origin of creation without getting into details. So for the physical processes, I'd go with science, and for the driving force behind creation I'd go with religion because science doesn't really address it.