Do you think all apologies show maturity or that the person has actually changed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Apologies only show maturity If the person means it.
    If they were clearly in the wrong and mustered up enough courage to apologize then that takes a big person.
    It's always easy to blame everyone else and not own up to your wrongs.
    So, I respect someone for that.

An apology shows someone has changed if they follow through with action.
    If they continue the same behavior they apologized for then their words are meaningless and they were not sincere.

What Guys Said 4

• All of them no? Actually, a person can 'apologize' if they simply want something out of you. So no, apologizing is not always a sign of maturity.

• Yeah if someone have the guts to apologize it means he realizes he made mistake which shows enormous maturity

• but it does not mean he changed.. of course some may change others may not

• Not really as I have seen some back handed apologies.

• Funny I apologise to a girl, explained myself, and wish anything but the best in life for her. She then blocked me without a word, although she had seen the message... Fuck it, never again

What Girls Said 5

• Not always... Sometimes people say it cause it's a easy way out to get someone back. It doesn't always imply they mean it.

• Some people apologize only because they have been caught. Actions are what prove that an apology is sincere.

• Some people apologize when they aren't really sorry to avoid drama.

• Not all apologies. It depends on the sincerity, delivery, and motivation.

• Not at all, lots of people apologize without truly meaning it.

• I don't know how many times I've heard this scenario: person 1 cheats on person 2. Person 2 finds out. Person 1 starts crying and apologizing profusely. Person 2 forgives person 1 and they move on. Person 1 ends up cheating on person 2 again.
      In this scenario I believe person 1 never truly meant their apology. If they did, they wouldn't have cheated on person 2 again. They apologized just because they were sorry they got caught, not sorry for being horrible and cheating.