Do you work hard? How does it make you feel to know PewdyPie is a multi-millionaire for acting like a corny spaztic while playing games?

So maybe you're starting out and work like a slave for a few measly bucks. Maybe you are a little more ahead in the job space. Maybe you are even considered "successfull", but still, the option to work when you want, how you want doesn't exist. Maybe you should have opened a youtube channel and acted literally like a 7 year old, fully at your leisure. Then you could live in a mansion and relax all day, or engage in your passions, not in activities that just get you money most of your waking hours. by the way, I'm not hating on this youtuber, it's just an example, because apparently some people are "outraged" by this turn of events. Suck it up. That's what we value as a society. The thinkers and scientists, and even the lowly workers that allow our society to function, and allow us to maintain our standards of living are apparently not too valuable, by comparison.

I guess my greater point is that we are too driven by emotion instead of logic. Emotions are not what built our civilization and our technology, and it's not what will save us from ourselves. Quite the opposite. And yet here we are, completely rewarding successful appeals to emotion instead of reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• He just found an indirect way of having a billion dollar company pay his salary.

These things are like foundation though. Foundation is the most important thing about a building. But no one care about it. They just look at what's on top. Society works a lot that way too.

What Girls Said 5

• Yea , it kind of makes you feel like shit.

Who knows about a former school teacher currently making six figures for twerking?
    fox43.com/.../

This society is sick.
    A good majority of us complain about these nothings having a fortune , fame and attention yet these are the very same people supporting them and giving them views.
    If no body watched them , they wouldn't be famous.

The people is what makes these people rich and have power.

• And before someone attacks me and says I am generalizing I did say "a good majority " and not "all".

Majority always rules

• Asker, I agree with you 100 percent.
      It's like brains don't matter anymore in this society. Why am I trying hard to make it in life? When I have to do nothing just be entertaining to watch to make it

• And not just be entertaining my brain could be made of mash potatoes

• If you REALL want things to be equal - you can start living on $4.00 dollars a day which is what the average person in this world lives on.

• That's only because a few people are hoarding all the wealth, on top of stifling opportunities.

• U. S. mainstream society also places this ridiculous value on celebrity news, like the Kardashians (again, famous for what?). Capitol much?

• It makes me feel sad that other people are that easily entertained.

• omg fuck him

What Guys Said 11

• it doesn't bother me, its good for him he found a way to be successful in this world, he is working his passion for his career, that's the way to go.

• So is Kim Kardassian et al. We need young people to aspire to that and value that above all?

• So? Is filming porn worse than acting like a corny child?

• well first of all lets not get off track, im talking about people pursing their passion as a career. perhaps some people's passion is to be in the adult entertainment industry, if Kim's passion in life was making sex tapes with other celebrities then whatever, she found her calling, which I highly doubt. pewpewdie loves video games and he's making money doing what he loves, its his life, nothing wrong with it.

• Someone sounds jelly.

• It's not his fault tho

If I was in his place and had the option to make millions from youtube, I'd do it too.

Also you have to look at it from a per transaction standpoint. He only makes fractions of a penny each time someone watches 1 video. He only makes millions because he has billions of views.

• I'm not blaming him for anything.

• whats with all the pewdiepie hate? He isn't doing anything illegal, nor is he even charging people to watch him. He's winning at life atm, and too many people online are jealous of that -_-

• p. s. I'm not subscribed to him, and probably never wil lbe

• This isn't really about him. He's actually small potatoes compared to the larger trend. And I guess there is some degree of disappointment that the old order idiocracy creeped into new technology.

• GOOD FOR HIM! He found a niche and took advantage of it. If he capitalizes on his find even better, sounds like he created his dream job and went for it. That's the entrepreneurial spirit at work. Nothing wrong there. Same thing for thinkers and scientists, find a niche, fill it and enjoy your work.

• Sure, if an idiocracy is profitable, go for it, but that's not my point.

• It doesn't change a single thing to my day and life, so I don't care. I think you should be a bit worried about your priorities in life if it bothers you.
    And the complaint people have about how soldiers and doctors make less doesn't really have much weight, since they're from entirely different sectors. One's funded by independent business and another's funded by the government.

• He is genius lol , this will totally shut people who say video games r useless , up ,

• A Lion sleeps 20 hours a day...
    If hard work was the key to success, then donkeys would be the king of the jungle!

• I mean, I've never knocked someone for making a living and being successful. But yeah there's always going to be a part of me that thinks it's undeserved. Still we'd all take his place right?

• But we're humans. We thrive off of emotions. We do the things we do just so we can feel happiness. Ask any person why they want a good job or be in a loving relationship, they would probably say "because it makes me happy".

• So all emotions are automatically good? What about a serial killer or a genocidal tyrant killing for pleasure?

• Your answers to my questions just show that desire is what drives humanity and desire is a strong emotion.

• Stupid parents and government making me go to school instead of pursuing my passion...