What race is the name Tyrone?

Is it Mexican or black? I don't think it's white or Asian but I don't know

I want to know because my roommates name is Tyrone so I was wondering what race he is

I haven't see. Him face to face yet

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• If one of my friends started dating a guy and I had no idea what he looked like, and she said, "You should come and meet Tyrone." I would immediately assume he's black. Not that I'd even care, but it's sort of like black women having exotic names like Lakesia, Tamina, Deshondra, and other names that are freakishly sexy that black people seem to come up with that are cool. Black guys have the same sort of studly names that they make popular that other races don't use. :)

• I think of Black for some reason. Mainly because it sounds like Tyrese who is a famous black celebrity. I also used to have a black female friend named Tyesha.

• That's pretty ignorant

• Oh, come on now...

• most likely black but there is a small amount of white people named Tyrone.

• I don't think it really matters... I've seen plenty of races named Tyrone.

• Its actually white but a lot of black guys have that name

• Why don't you ask him about his heritage? After all, he's your roommate.

• what race is it? seriously? just because you haver a certain name doesn't mean you're a certain race. people tell me that all the time and it's pretty rude. and mildly annoying.

• It's a black name. But it could be a white name too. Jerome is a white name. I think it's a matter of opinion

• It's typically a black name. Trust me, I'm a black person.

What Guys Said 14

• well the name tyrone is originally a name from United Kingdom and specifically originates from Northern Ireland. So it is a relatively common name there. In America it has been used by people of all races. The most "Tyrones" I know are African American but I know a bunch who are English or Irish as well

guess you won't know till you get there.

• It came from Ireland. It's an Irish name! but Anglicized. In Ireland there is a place called County Tyrone.

• Names also have races? Very interesting.

• this is definitely going on my list of "stupidest questions I've ever seen"

• It's stereotypically a black name, like Jerome and Jethro.

• Vietnamese.

• Totally the American race.

• Dinosaur...

• Names don't have races

• Yeah about that... you can't determine someone's race solely on their name. You can make an educated guess. Though every Tyrone I've heard of is black except this one country white guy so... yeah.

• Tyrone = black

Reference : #OwnagePranks

• Where I come from it's usually a black named Tyrone.

• Most people with that name are black from what I've seen.

• Tyrone Power (sounds like a porn name) was white actor born in 1914 and he was Jr.
    But it's typically a black name nowadays.