Is it weird that I find metallic cutlery gross and I prefer to eat with plastic cutlery? Anybody else?

Since I was a kid I used to find metallic cutlery gross and I always ate my food wid plastic cutlery or use my hands instead (most food I eat can be eaten by just usin yer hands anyway).

I always thought metallic cutlery gets dirty easily and it’s smelly and destroys food taste more than plastic cutlery. Plastic looks cleaner to me since its brand new and u can throw it away after finshin yer food. Also I know most people have their metallic cutlery for DECADES and this fact makes me wanna puke…and they’ve been used thousands of times durin all those years…ugh, that’s another reason y I don’t eat their food when I go for a visit to somebody’s house. :|

Is there anybody else who considers metallic cutlery gross?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand that just because metallic cutlery can be used over & over & over by various people.

• xactly wot i was tryin to say!! that's y i find 'em gross mostly :|

how r u btw? :)

• Like my new avatar?

• yes!!! u look gr8 here :)

What Girls Said 9

• I would get this if you bought second hand cutlery or you shared cutlery with roommates who had no clue how to properly wash dishes, but what if it's your own cutlery and only you used them? Is that still so bad? Washing steel cutlery with extremely hot water is as close as you can get to sterilizing something without cooking it.

I get it if you want to just use plastic cutlery, but do you also want to tax the environment by opening up a new knife and fork everyday for your whole life? If you do, then that's pretty gross too, isn't it? And if you don't agree and you wash the plastic cutlery, then you're back at square one, with washing steel cutlery.

(And what song are you listening to right now?)

• nah just throw em away... i do same thing wid plastic cups LOL... glasses smell gross.
      also they r more colorful and not "boring"... like metallic :D

("Confusion" by New Order but wot this has to do wid my question? o_O )

• Because I know you're always listening to something while on GaG.

• Generally... not only on GAG... LOL
      Wot bout u?

• sorry bro but i don't think they're gross at all lol
    i mean the plastic ones mostly break while your using them

• No, all though that's interesting, the only way I would find it gross it that sometimes they're not properly clean and plastic is constantly disposable.

• Poisonous, can't stand heat, too soft, bad for the environment, can't cut streak list could go on.
    if you're so worried, use your own cutlery wherever you go and don't share.
    personally I use bamboo chopsticks.

• Wtf it never even bothered me 😂 I mean sure sometimes the dishwasher doesn't work so well and it still looks dirty so I don't use it but it's just metal. I kind of see where you're coming from though. Besides plastic ones aren't reusable so they hurt the environment.

• Really? I infact like steel cutlery and don't like plastic ones cause they break easily when I'm use them :/

• hahaha that's another reason y i like em... after food i use to break em

• Oh! Lol :D

• 0|0
  • Not weird.

• no its not weird

What Guys Said 4

• Noooooooooooooooo.

Plastic is inherently inferior. First, plastics can leech toxic chemicals, especially when heated. Good quality stainless steel cutlery will not do this.

Secondly, plastic cutlery is inferior. You can't cut a steak with a plastic knife, for example.

Lastly, disposable plastic is bad for the environment!

• when i eat a steak i use my hands... i eat on my own almost always... so np i guess LOL

• so brand new plastic, would be worse than unclean metallic cutlery?

• Just use clean steel cutlery, silly! :)

Trust me. Properly cleaned steel is incredibly more healthful than using brand new plastic cutlery. I promise you.

• I would be reverse and hate plastic cutlery. Say I picked up a chinese take away with plastc fork - I would have to switch it with a metallic fork when I got home.

• Plastic looks kinda "cleaner" though... at least to me

• Nope, I like quality knives and forks.

• i was sure for it for some reason... i've seen u mentonin being into fancy restaurants

• @Klaatu51 What does "klaatu" mean. I always think about minions when I see your username!

• @iloveher26 google it

• Here I am.