Do smokers stink?

I think the smell of cigarette smoke is disgusting. It makes kissing gross and it makes the person smell really off-putting. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, in general. One of the biggest problems is because they end up with olfactory fatigue, so they don't smell the odour on themselves any more and can't tell when it is really noticeable. Basically they get desensitized to the smell of smoke, particularly stale smoke, and they don't notice it. And don't notice when the smell is clinging to them. And they tend to think people are simply complaining a lot about it when it's really 'not that bad'. But it's only 'not that bad' to them because they literally cannot smell it.

Certain ways of smoking can mitigate this somewhat, and frequency obviously plays a huge role in it. And some people understand it is a problem and take steps to address it even if they can't really smell it themselves - they just know that it most likely is there and try to deal with it as best they can. So... you can't really say ALL smokers stink. But many of them do.

What Girls Said 10

• I used to smoke for about a year so I understand the ups and downsides of smoking but one of the reasons I quit was actually the smell.
    I agree with you, it's horrible lol it even makes me feel kind of nauseous whenever I smell it now I just can't stand it.

• Yes they do. The smell makes me feel sick, especially when mixed with the scent of alcohol on their breath. Yuck.

• Yes my mom does it and ugh it's gross

• Its gross and scary

• My boyfriend smokes but he never smells like it on his clothes or anything 0_0

• There a 3 types of people in this world
    The non smokers
    The smokers and
    The fucken ex smokers. The worst. I never hear so much complaints from a non smoker as an ex smoker...

• Kiss a smoker=kissing an ashtray! 😷

• Yes, we stink, so please stay away from us and go ruin someone else's good time.

• Smoke , weed and alcohol and unwanted contact... is the worst.

• yes they do.

What Guys Said 4

• They smell disgusting , their teeth and fingers are stained

• Very much.

• Yes. It's disgusting. My college even banned smoking, vaping, and tobacco because so many students there smoked.

• i totally agree. totally unattractive.