Do you think that everything that happens in this world happens for a reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always a reason for everything, or else we wouldn't have existed in the first place.

What Guys Said 13

• Everything that happens in this world has not one cause but many causes , which each have many causes.
    -There are so many causes in the first degree and causes to the nth degree (causes of causes of causes of causes) that it's humanely impossible to retrace the complete causality.
    Thus the universe is in fact chaotic for us but chaotic with logical causation.
    BUT
    -a cause is NOT a reason.
    Impossible thus to say that everything that happens in this world happens for a reason.
    A 'reason' would imply some plan and there's no proof of its existence.

• There is no evidence to support that theory. Life is random. Life is what you make it.

The idea of fate is appealing to the vast majority of people because they do not want to take on the responsibility and effort of true self development and setting a direction for their life.

Its much easier to let fate decide.

• Everything happens as a combination of different events that have happened up to that point and are happening right then. I don't think there is a "reason" behind it, but then again, free will is an illusion.

• Yes, i feel very strongly about this
    Its up to us to understand those reasons and learn from all of our experiences

• yes. not neccesarily a good reason but yes.

• ... Well yes. That's basic causality.

• Everything happens for a reason (maybe a better one).

• Yes I believe it does

• The problem sister we think the world is about numbers, while numbers is the way we understand the world... it's just the opposite but must people don't see..
    the problem with atheists that they think that our minds can put the whole universe inside of it, all the time they say how, yes it's right.. they can tel you how it works but they don't tell you why it works... they can give you all the laws about it but they don't think how this laws have been made up, they tell you it came suddenly, but isn't suddenly a cause!
    the problem with theists that they think only from one angle, they fear science, they feel afraid of it.. but they don't know that science is the lead to prove god, even evolution is the biggest prove but people don't see, they don't even seek...
    so to answer your question i would agree with you that it happens for a reason and it happened with a reason. ... one advice. . don't give up your faith... just reform it

• Yes that's what my late mom said to our great aunt before she passed away
    she said Aunt Dotty things happen for a reason and God has a plan for us all
    well my mom passed about 2 years after..

• Yes & No

Being in general
    "It's very easy to except what is"

• Yes I believe yes mostly

• Nope. Look up entropy. The universe is nothing but a series of random events. There is no larger plan. That being said, the ball rolled down the hill because I pushed it. That is basic causality.

• The ball rolled down the hill because
      *-it's a ball
      *-a ball can roll
      *- it's round (why?)
      *-there's a hill (why?)
      *-there's gravity (why?)
      *-there 's no stormwind blowing it upwards (why?)
      *-you pushed it.
      *-nobody stopped it (why?)

But WHY did you push it? Because
      *-
      *-
      *-
      *-
      *-
      because, because, because, because, because, because,

• Why did the chicken cross the road? Did it happen for a reason? Let's look at some opinions:
      http://philosophy.eserver.org/chicken.txt
      www.physics.harvard.edu/.../chickenroad

• Exactly @jacquesvol

What Girls Said 7

• Well.. reason only exists if an individual gives it one in set contexts so it really depends on how you look at it.

I don't believe everything happens for a reason as in it's all part of a master plan. People give certain things, like deaths, falling in love, cheating, etc., reason to cope or justify their actions.

• Nope. I don't think so. I used to tell myself that, but it got me nowhere good. It's just a silly thing people say to make themselves or others feel better about their shitty lives.

• Yes, I do. It sucks when bad things happen, but sometimes they need to.

• I believe so. I have a theory that everything is either a blessing, a lesson, or a curse, and you typically don't know which is which until the situation is over.

• No. How can people suffering be for a reason?

• I hope so.

• Yeah like earthquakes