Why even bother posting as Anonymous?

is it fear?

or is it just to cash in on those points?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• This one time I actually feared that someone would do sometime of history search on me and track me down with all the information I share Online.

So I don't like to share everything like that.

I have started to be more cautious.

Lol, dam it. I wanted to go anon for this one.

• I'll go anonymous because of these reasons
    1) if I'm talking about some one in my life I don't want them to know it's me and it's them who I'm talking about

2) Some people critic on age and that crap is annoying

3) Some of stuff is personal and I don't want anyone to know who I am.

So. Why'd you ask this question?

• lol wouldn't they just not post a picture of themselves n not be annoymous

• lmao either way I know your age range and if its personal than don't post on the internet for the whole world to see

• Sometimes, I go anonymous because I think that people will treat me differently because of my age. If I ask a question about, let's say, sexual health, people would probably tell me that I'm "too young" to have to worry about it. Sometimes I just want honest answers without my age being a factor.

• sweetie you do realize that your age is still shown even if you post as anonymous right?

• Yes, but then it's just "Under 18" which I feel people are more accepting of than "15".

• lol thats not a real difference

• Some people want to share or ask personal things anonymously

• I usually put a lot of thoughts in my responses to the questions on here. I'm afraid that people will ignore my advice because of my age. Some people believe that older people are automatically wiser because they've experienced more.

• I used to thought because people were ashamed to ask certain questions. But I guess they do it for the hell of it

• I go anonymous sometimes because I want to make sure I avoid getting hate and judged that's why I sometimes go anonymous

• some people just love to troll

• I post anonymous so that I can cash in on those points ;)

• To me its not really a big deal. Some people want to hide who they are because they maybe said some personal stuff or commented some personal. I dont really care for it.

• Basically, im scared of getting judged by my age.

• i have gone anon when i was asking a question that had a very personal story to me

• its has to do with fear I'm sure of it... avoiding getting called on it

• I'm not scared of asking so no reason to hide anything

What Guys Said 14

• A $20 gift certificate for something that takes at least a few months for most folks to accumulate isn't really "cashing in." I think most folks who post anonymously are just concerned about the possibility of becoming embarrassed if someone discovers their G@G identity and then looking at all of the questions they answered. I certainly do post opinions anonymously when the topic becomes explicitly sexual.

• Because I want to, and I am allowed to. If they remove that feature than I would likely ask less questions. Or at least less personal questions, and I wouldn't be getting much advice. I would likely be getting opinions for questions that really have nothing to do with life or dating or social interaction. I think that it would turn this into a site for frivolous questions.

Besides, who the hell cares if someone wants to be anonymous? It is a question answer site with abit of community thrown in. And questions are exactly why everybody here found this site.

• Then how else am I going to ask if my 1inch penis is more than enough for women? who will listen? Who will give me their opinions? Who will find Waldo?

• They don't want the certain things to attached to their profile , as that affects some people's answers to your question. so if you fought with someone , argued , made fun of / got made fun of you might wanna post your next question anonymously. Or if the question you are going to ask will bring in a lot of hate or humiliation you might wanna make it anonymous

• It is meant to be: so you can ask embarrassing questions or tell personal stories without being identifiable.

It actually used for: trolling or harassing people.

• best way to get back at annoymous is by not responding to them

• I'm already anonymous, nobody here knows me. I don't get the point of double anonymity.

• Its for obvious reasons, embarrassment, Trolling, etc.

• Honestly If I have shit to say I won't be afraid to let you know whats up

• I'm scared someone will recognize me.

• Most do it to avoid hate

• they take advantage trying to get those digits haha

• I don't personally. and I think its a joke when people do cause their cowards ;)

• well I never do and I hate anyasian guy who trys to make us look bad by asking dumb questions