Dog or cat person? And what breed do you like?

I'm seeing a lot more people tote around such small dogs. Even big, huge guys are owning these little dogs now, and I remember a time when it was more cool for a guy to own a big dog. Is this a trend now? Or is there a reason why small dogs are the thing to have?

Me, I still like medium sized to big dogs such as labs, golden retrievers and German shepherds, and I love most cats, especially maine coons and tabbys. (I had one big tuxedo cat, and vowed to never have one again as he was my one and only :'( and never to be replaced.)

Do you have a preference between dogs or cats, and what breed do you like?

Here was my handsome, big boy when I had him (28 lbs). He lived to be about 15.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh! Your cat is so cute!!! He photographed so well! I like dogs but I'm allergic so I stick to cats. I like big fluffy cats the most, but really all cats are cute :) This is my current cat
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/33p5yde.jpg

• *was* cute. :'( I had to have him released to a better place four years ago. Big heartbreak, he was my sweetest heart.

• Awww... He sounds like an incredibly special and awesome friend. It's so wonderful that you were able have him in your life. I'm sure a dog will be a great addition to a home that loves their pets as much as you clearly do :)

• Thank you :)

What Guys Said 6

• I've always liked dogs more than cats since I've been a kid but after my daughter was born & she was growing up I found her nature to be similar to those of cats lol and so now I'm both a dog and a cat person.

Cats almost I guess any are ok but dogs I prefer the bigger and more intimidating ones - Guess it's got something to do with my inherent nature of requiring and liking power :)

Honestly, I've never owned either thanks to my family lol but yes I'd like a wolf dog if not a wolf, German Shepherd, Labradors, Golden Retrievers - well guess the same as you lol but I'd avoid the huge fluffy ones like St Bernards :)

• Cat, but I'm allergic to both. So, it sucks to be me. :P

• I'm a dog person. I dislike small dogs they bark too much. I grew up with newfoundlands.

• I love all cats but my favorite dog breed is Turkish kangal

• Kelpies, Blue/Red Heelers , Dingos

• Dog.
    I'm torn between a husky & a golden.
    I want a pal that follows me everywhere.

What Girls Said 4

• I like dogs like Shepards, collies and corgis. But I LOVE all cats.
    I have a pretty calico tabby kitty who is my name sake, and a tuxedo cat.
    I live with my grandmother bow and she has4 too

• I love dogs. :)

I've had only a few different types (2 labrador retrievers, 2 boxers, poodle, and shih tzu) and I've found I like Boxers the most. ^^

I had a Boxer and a Boxer mix (with bulldog) and they were both very protective. They loved to play around and play fight and at the end of the day, snuggle up in bed.

So I guess you could say they're my favorite. :3

• I love both cats and dogs, but I think I gravitate more to cats. When it comes to dogs, I like big dogs like St. Bernards, Huskys, etc. I own a shepherd mix. For cats, I don't care what kind. My cat looks a bit like yours.

• I'm a cat person :), our last cat lived to be about 20.