Do you think you have a soul?

Are souls something you think we have?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you'd really need to define soul. Most people probably have a different definition

• What is your definition? I'm not sure that I have a deffinition myself.

• That's quite the answer.

• Yeah. I just dk. I suddenly realised how precious the term soul is to me. Reminds me of a fragile thing

What Guys Said 13

• I would say in a sense. Overlapping religion and science is difficult but if you think about it a soul is just energy and when a body shuts down or dies that energy is released.

• Thats a nice way of making both work: Science and Religious belief

• Mhmm being atheist is difficult for me because a close friend of mine. Was crying about losing her father, knowing I had lost my grandfather recently and she started questioning my beliefs in atheism "how can you just think that there is nothing!" she would scream at me. It was difficult as you may well understand to allow empathy for something that doesn't breed it compared to religion. Religion gives some of us some assistance in dealing with the human condition. SO I had to think. It came clear to me that I had to find a way to tackle this with science or this would continue. I can well understand she wasn't mad at me or even my beliefs; but she was questioning her own. I approached this logically and told her that even though her father is gone, a part of him is still her and that is impossible to take away. I then went on to explain genetics which she got completely BORED with lol. But I felt like I had given her reassurance that a part of him will always be with her:)

• Yes, I believe that everyone has a soul.

• I think so. Especially since I have a heart and morals.

• No not really. We are alive and have feelings but when dead we have nothing, no life no feelings and no soul.

• I once did, but after years of studying religion, spirituality, psychology, and science, I no longer do, and it's only made me more compassionate and want to live life to the fullest.

• Yes, we have souls

• Nah, I don't believe in that stuff.

• Of course I do and so do you

• Just for the sake of discussion. May I ask why do you say we have a soul and not, like @Hannah591, that we are onlu electrical impulses and neurological pathways. Im not sure of the answer to this one myself by the way. I just think that there are some things that we experience as humans that transcend whatever explanations science might have for now.

• I like to believe in Souls and In God too. Even if sometimes life makes me waver or doubt. :)

• I like to believe in Souls and In God

• No. Mankind is so arrogant, they always praise themselves. "We have a soul, we're different, we rule, we are human we're the one, everything has created for us, universe created by god for us" Nope people. That's wrong.

• That is also a valid point of view. But I confess that I like to think that our time here has some kind of purpose. Or else is just one unruly twisted world.

• I have a soul of ash and a heart of coal. 👻

• Define soul xD

• Lol difficult task

• i can´t say yes or no to that without even knowing what you´re talink about :P i know it´s a difficult concept but the definitions that exist range so wide i can´t just say yes or no to everything of it.

• No, of course not. Anyone who suggests otherwise needs to bring evidence.

• Yeah I think there's something going on. But I'm not religious in a sense that when we die I don't think the soul goes anywhere. I feel like when it's over it's over; all the energy and memories or whatever is just gone. I've had a few near death experiences (accident related) and it's just a black out period in my minds timeline. No white light, no life flashing before my eyes. Literally I just remember thinking "Oh shit" then waking up a few days later in intensive care.

What Girls Said 8

• yes I do think i have a soul. This is mostly because of my belief in God. I am a Christian and I believe that when I die, I will either go to heaven or hell. I believe that I will go to Heaven because I have faith that Jesus will save me, and has saved me and given his life up for mine. I now live my life for God.

• Yeah I believe all the people in the world have souls and that when our bodies die our souls go to one of two places. And no matter what you think a part of you will always know it's true, mock me, roll your eyes at me, do whatever, I know everyone has a soul, otherwise we'd just be mindless animals without a true reason to live

• I don't think I do. It's another spiritual religious thing that I don't believe in. Our personalities and minds are simply electrical impulses and neurological pathways.

• yea i think so

• I believe that humans and also other animals with a relatively high intelligence do.
    Also there's this theory about astral bodies that would explain a lot of the sensations we feel sometimes that I find quite interesting

• I don't have a soul, I'm a walking dead. ☺

• No I don't have a soul... I don't think I do..

• Yeah, everyone has souls.