Do you find it gross when people eat loudly/with their mouth open?

I find it utterly repulsive when I see or hear someone eating loudly or with their mouth open..
When you hear the churning of their food in their food makes me wanna vomit. It's so gross and disgusting.
I just think to myself; were you not taught table matters ffs?

• It's gross, I hate it.
  • I don't mind it.
www.youtube.com/watch

When I want to confront them...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's disgusting.

I still remember, with revulsion, how a classmate would eat a salad covered in ranch. It was like the fork was too small for all the food he wanted on it. His mouth was too small so ranch was all over his face. And the sounds.

It wouldn't be so bad if people at least closed their mouths.

• Exactly.. The guy I was with does the same thing with salad. Mayo all over his face.. Yup, the sounds. Oh god.

What Girls Said 12

• I absolutely cannot bear bad table manners and people eating and chomping loudly on food and making gross noises really, really, really disgusts me. I've even moved on occasion to get away from people eating like this.

• Yessss. I'm with you on this one. I even get mad at myself if I hear a noise come from my mouth while eating, hah.

motherboard.vice.com/.../the-horrible-anger-you-feel-at-hearing-someone-chewing-is-called-misophonia

• So, there's a thing for it.. I no doubt have it; otherwise I wouldn't have asked this question. Thank you for sharing! :')

• I'm going to start using that hashtag everywhere. Only you will understand, haha.

• Go for it! 😂😏

• God yes! That shit is aweful and disgusting

• I find it disgusting, too.
    It's a sign of lacking manners and simply disrespectful towards all the other people around that person.

• It is had been one of my biggest pet peeves since at least 1st grade, at that point I felt like there were no excuses and they should know to keep their mouth closed when eating. Plus, is still bothers me the sounds some people make when chewing their food- like the churning and what not, and conpletely makes me lose my appetite.

• I don't really care...

• I don't find it gross, but I find it DAMN annoying. My friend's brother eats with his mouth open and eats so loudly that I just wanna finish eating quickly and leave the place

• My dad does the same.. I eat in my room now lmao. xD

• My Mum's like ''Alex, where are you going?''
      *walking up the stairs* ''Where do you think?''
      *closes door and watches YouTube while eating*

• LOL! That's what I do when my cousins amd Aunts visits us. My cousins are damn annoying, they not only eats very messily... They speak when they have food in their mouth and they laugh like a witch. Not kidding, it hurts my ears... But I can't tell them, so I just go to my room, watch tv or YouTube, lol

• Honestly! My stomach's too sensitive.
    If someone eats like that in front of me i'll probably vomit!! Yuck!

• My mom does that and it irritates me. Because I find it nasty.

• It's so disgusting and very off putting if you are eating yourself...

• Ikr.. I went out to eat for my friend's birthday in April and the dude sitting next to me was eating loudly. I had to grim and bare it because I didn't want to be rude. He was eating pizza and it was all around his face, I wanted to vomit..

• That would've been horrible... I wouldn't have been able to eat in that situation - and thats coming from someone who loves food

• I went to Frankie and Bennies, you've probably heard of it. It's Italian. c:
      Their toilets are so cool though, they have Italian and English translations from speakers. The walls are all black and white tiles covered in vintage photos.

• Gross
    Annoying
    Disgusting

• i really hate it too.

What Guys Said 7

• it irritates me to no end. I wouldn't say I hate it but it is definitely something that irks me

• It's not gross to me, it's just annoying as hell. My mom chews extremely loud and talks and it pisses me off to a point where we are rarely seen eating together.

• My dad eats chocolate like a horse while nigh-on (or should that be neigh-on?) hyperventilating through his nose.

It's given me a complex about eating noises that will never go away.

• Yeah. Spent some time farming, but I gave the cows a pass. People, no, not so much. Don't be a cow.

• The cows don't know any better, us as people are supposed to be civilized.. Not acceptable in my opinion. Especially when I eat out.. Nopeeeeeeeee.

• Its rude and puts you off the food

• yep!! should be banned from eating.

• It doesn't make me sick but it feels similar to nails on a chalkboard to me.