Which gender bathroom's have you had the most disgusting experience with, the boy's restroom or the girl's restroom?

In my experience, it was surprisingly the girl's bathrooms that I had the more disgusting experience with. I work as a Public School Custodian and one time I had to pick up a used tampon out of a toilet and it was covered in menstrual blood, pub*c hair and wet shit stain. I honestly thought the boy's bathroom would be much worse when I first started working until I had to clean this specific girl's bathroom.

• Men's Restrooms
  • Women's Restroom.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard a lot of stories from men saying that women's restrooms are way more disgusting than men's.

I don't know. I've been using women's restrooms for, well, almost 30 years, and I've never encountered the gross things that people describe. The only gross women's restroom I've used was at this grungy bar I used to go to (like, some of the restroom stall's didn't even have locks, and there were tons of drunk people using them, so they weren't very clean).

But for the most part, the "messy" things I see are: wet spots on the toilet (not sure if it's pee or just splashback from the toilet flushing), puddles on the floor (again, I'm not certain if it's pee, sometimes it's because it's raining outside and people have wet shoes, or maybe the plumbing is leaking), bits of toilet paper on the floor that likely fell when people were tearing it off, and the occasional unflushed toilet with someone's turd in it.

There are some guys who act like there's shit and menstrual blood smeared all over the place, but honestly, I've never seen anything like that.

I haven't been in men's restrooms enough times to make a fair comparison.

What Girls Said 7

• Men's bathrooms, in my opinion. They stink a lot worse than girls' and they don't seem to be cleaned as well.

• how could I tell I have never in my life been inside of a men's restroom but yeah I've been to some pretty disgusting public woman's restrooms before that's why I voted B. They're usually in a pretty hygienic condition in shopping malls or other places where they get cleaned often tho

• Women's bathroom... there was a teen who'd use the bathroom, she had her period and left folded toilet paper of blood lying on the floor just like that...

Sometimes, they would just dump their pads on the floor of the toilet like the whole toilet is a dumpster.

Another time, i'd step on someone's pad that was lying in the stairs infront of a university bookshop.

• i dont know... because i haven't been in mens' bathroom.. but from what you described... all i can say is how can you do that job?

• Basically, when I clean the restrooms for my job as a Public School Custodian, I have to wear my mask, goggles, gloves and certain top wears to protect myself from getting sick from all of the feces, urines, chemicals and all sorts of stuffs. when I clean the toilets, I always have to check if there's something clogged up in there and then drain the toilet water out with a different mop maid for toilets and then clean in with a cloth (of a certain color).

• OH MY GOD... RATS? Noooooooooooo...

• Well, at least the one living rat I found wasn't bad. I was able to grab it and put it out somewhere safe outside of the school campuses without getting bit by it in defense. Luckily, I was wearing all sorts of protection on myself so I didn't caputure the rat's disease.

• I clean the facilities where I work sometimes. Yeah, girls can be gross (especially when there's some blood on the seat) but guys? When they miss the urinal it's a mess, and for some reason guys have been taking paper towels and clogging the toilets in the mens restroom, which I have to use gloves and go in and fix. Why they don't use the toilet paper that's right next to them, I'll never know.

• Men's rooms smell like the red line Subway aka piss. Women's rooms smell like a sweaty crotch. So they're just both gross.

• It was actually in a restroom for both genders. In my middle school, when I went to the bathroom, there was fresh piece of shit on the toilet.

But men's restrooms usually smell way worse

What Guys Said 7

• From the stories I hear it's women's that tend to be nastier on a regular basis.

The "omg no" worst instance award goes to men's for me though.

One instance in the men's bathroom where I worked the bathroom needed to be pressure washed because somebody smeared their feces all over the wall.

There was another instance once where some dude took a dump in the urinal.

Worst time for me was when I was using a stall and somebody must have needed to use one really badly. I ended up hearing the trash bin lid slam shortly later and when I got out of the stall the lid was back on but the guy was peeing in it (which leads me to conclude that he may have taken a dump in it). To add more shock to the already given shock value he was also missing the trash bin getting pee all over the floor. To make matters even weirder, the trash bin was right at the door and some dude opened the door leaving him really shocked. The guy peeing in the garbage left without washing his hands and we both watched our step very carefully when leaving.

• Having worked in a couple of different hotels and bars, I can honestly say that the womens lav is generally far far more rancid in terms of general filth... though I have once seen someone 'decorate' the mens lav wall with a smiley face drawn in poop... so it might be a tie over all.

• Well, I'd say men since that's the only restroom I've been in. I've seen my fair share of big steamy stools left in a urinal, and shit smeared all over the walls.

• I don't know why but I laughed when I read the last sentence XD

• @DerMaisknabe Oh god. I've always had a bit of a fear of going to Public school/college toilets, because of stuff like this.
      @abundantlyrich that's just the way it goes in high school lol, little animals everywhere

• They haven't been potty trained or have potty manners.

• I don't know. I haven't gone in enough women's bathrooms to answer this.

• Omg the girls restroom is the worst. I have to cmea it up at my old job.. Bitches b
    Nasty bro.

U would think that they be cleaner but no. They only thing I had clean up in the mens is piss on the floor and maybe the toilet

• both... you'd be surprised... i've used women's when nobody is looking or the men's is broken... they're as bad as we are...

• I think the bloody tampons with the female restroom the edge.