Best alcohol to drink for your first time?

My friend wants to get a decent buzz going with me, but it's her first time drinking and she doesn't know what she wants. She knows she doesn't want it to come on too fast, so probably something that will allow her to get drunk over time as apposed to all right away like shots. lol.
She's had beer before and said it was alright, but maybe there is something better than that.

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• First timers usually ease in to their alcoholism with something that tastes nice - something that they can do an easy transition with from something familiar. So for example if she's normally a pop-drinker, she might want to try a cooler so she can enjoy the carbonation and sweetness. If she likes her fruit or energy drinks, try citrusy concoctions like a tequila sunrise or fuzzy navel. Usually the taste of beer and wine is hard to get in to with first-timers because of the alcohol content. Choosing something with a small percentage and a flavour that appeals to them will be easier to take and give a buzz over time because it's not as potent.

With this, I'm sure she will be a professional drunk in no time! :) Have fun, good luck, and please arrange for/ or be the designated driver.

What Girls Said 9

• If you're a first-timer, stick to the light ones. No need to be a show-off and embarrass yourself. Alcohol tolerance is something that takes time to build. Get used to the light ones then move to slightly stronger ones until you know you're good enough to tolerate the hard ones.

• i dont drink.. soo... i dont know..

• I had tequila and rum for the first time (combined). My best mistake XD

• May i sugest white wine?

• wine or wine coolers

• Mohito!!🍷

• coolers I really like. that was my first taste of alcohol. I don't drink im too young

• A girly drink like margaritas or a wine cooler.

• Smirnoff ice? Pretty sure it's a cheaper one, and it doesn't taste like alcohol. Unless she wants the alcohol taste. Other than that... I tend to go more for liquors, which might not be her taste, but like... maybe spiced rum? She can just drink it slowly.

What Guys Said 6