I think my boyfriends family is kinda racist?

I was at his place last weekend and there some things that I thought were warning signs.

Like they had a lot of like nazi trophies in their house. Like Silverware with that cross on it, helments, uniforms... but at first I though it was a hobby. You know how some people collect things or maybe even that his grandfather got it when he was in ww2 (which I know he was)

But then the next thing was a documentary about sex tourism in different countries and his dad went on about how pathetic it is for men to go over there to look for a pride and take advantage of the poverty there, which I totally agree with. It went on for a while though and it took a different direction it wasn't so much about it being morally wrong but because he though Asian people are just not worth our time. And worst thing to him is just when those guys bring their mail foreign mail order brides here
He even added, "don't get me wrong seetheart, it's not about women, Ilove and respect women, it's just Asian people in general"

Another thing was politics. Basically he said that all places where white people don't rule are shitholes. And he had a lot of examples

It's just things that aren't normal to me, but they appearently were to my boyfriend. He never made comments like that. I felt very uncomfortable with that so I told my boyfriend and he said "it's not like that, it's the truth, you can't say he is wrong"
Well a lot of the thingsh he said were opinions not facts, but those opinions are questionable, right? What he said in facts wasn't wrong actually, but still, it's not just me, right? It's not ok to talk about people like that, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing you mentioned had nothing to do with the Nazi's, those were simply German WW2 uniforms and helmets, most people forget the majority of German soldiers were simply men defending their country, their homes were in Germany and their families. when your nation goes to war you fight for it, you don't sit there. The cross you described had nothing to do with the Nazi's, it is known as the Balkenkreuz and it was the emblem of the Wehrmacht (German armed forces) The rest of what he said could be considered racist in this overly politically correct world, and I personally wouldn't support any of it, but until he starts saying black people should be in chains I think you're okay.

• Not that one, I meant this kinda cross
      i.huffpost.com/.../o-NAZI-facebook.jpg

and also that kind of uniform not the ones normal soldiers would have been wearing. I meant it as nazi uniforms and hats.
      The uniform has a badge like that and the hat had a skull on it and it looked to fancy to be a normal soldiers clothes

• That's a Swastica. Then it was probably S. S.. Some of the most badass warriors in WWII (next to a pissed off Russian mother) you could call them the Nazis because most of them were just mindless killers who served hitler, the regular German soldiers couldn't even stand these guys because of how ruthless they were, these were the guys you hear those terrible nazi stories about. But still it could just be that they just have some WWII interest, S. S gear was a thing many allied soldiers loved to keep as a reminder that they defeated Germany's best warriors.

What Guys Said 5

• They have every right to do, say, think whatever they want. You have every right to choose whether you want to associate with them or not, knowing what you now know.

• seems pretty clear that his is at least racially intolerant...

• White supremacist syndrome. Must be unemployed too !!

• You aren't dating the family, you are dating the guy.

• That would be racist alright.

What Girls Said 4

• He's definitely racist. What he said was disgusting and it's definitely not the truth. Your boyfriend's also racist for agreeing with him, though he's likely been brainwashed through living with him for so long. It's not just you, the way he's talking is awful.

• that's definitely racist!!! but your are dating your boyfriend not his family (just hoping that he doesn't have the same point of view that his dad)

• Pretty much sounds like neo-nazis. Made me think of American History X. Great movie though, you should watch it.

• Go with your gut. They're definitely racist. None of what he said was ok. If you can, try to avoid the family. Honestly, if your boyfriend agrees with those things chances are it's going to show one day. Be careful.