Breakfast? Yay or Nay?

I am a firm believer in a good breakfast every day. I love getting a full night's sleep and then having something in the morning to get me through til afternoon. I guess my thinking is that I'm never sure when I'm going to eat again, so I usually cook breakfast.

What do you do for breakfast?

• I rarely or don't eat breakfast.
  • I eat it sometimes, usually cereal or toast.
  • If I eat it, I enjoy something more like fresh fruits, granola, yogurts, bagel or muffin.
  • I cook a hot breakfast: eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, etc.
  • Sometimes I like to play with fancy things like fondues.
  • Non-breakfasty type foods like leftover pizza, sandwich, steak, junkfood, etc.
  • Coffee and/or a Cigarette

Most Helpful Girl

• I eat till I am full but sometimes I just don't feel like eating at all, so those time I will probably just grab some berries

So, D :p but not always those.

What Guys Said 7

• I stopped eating breakfast when I turned 15. At that age I passed my entry exams to get into a school that would later allow me to attend University (college is something in my country that only the top 15-20% (performance, not money) of students are permitted to go to). Anyway, the school was located in a different city and I had to commute there every day with bus, train and street car. I had to get up around 5.30 in the morning to be there at 8.00 and eating breakfast simply would have taken away too much time. I usually came back at 6 or 7 in the evening and I had a lot of homework every day. So, the 6 hours of sleep I got per night were sacred to me. I decided that I would rather sleep more than get up 45 minutes earlier and eat breakfast.
    Nowadays, I have more time again in the mornings but I think not eating breakfast for so many years has simply turned into a habit for me. I don't even have any appetite or hunger when I get up. I only become hungry 3-4 hours after getting up. Sometimes it even takes me longer than that. In addition to that, I couldn't figure out so far WHAT I could have for breakfast. I'm European, so bacon and eggs or waffles etc. are not an option for me. I don't wanna turn into a 400 pound diabetic guy driving to the bus stop on one of those little cars ;-). I know some people who just have some fruits for breakfast but the problem is that my stomach is extremely sensitive in the mornings and the acid from the fruits gives me really bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. I guess I could make myself a sandwich or something like that but I think I'm just too lazy for that.
    If I'm hungrier than expected, I sometimes end up buying a croissant at 10 or 11 o'clock. They're extremely popular in Switzerland and you can buy fresh croissants in every supermarket.

• I'm Swiss :) If I described my love for meat and cheese on a roll in the morning, no one would get that. I had breakfast with some Canadians once and they said what I had was what they liked having for lunch typically. I love croissants too, with mustard and salami. :D

• 1. I'm a firm believer of breakfast too aka the first meal of the day
    2. But lately I've been on the intermittent diet style and its' proven to be pretty much as claimed (combined with exercise and stuff ofcourse)
    3. I eat first at 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000 failing which it's 1200, 1500, 1800 & 2000
    4. Hence, breakfast is subjective to the first meal not to the time :D especially since this regime has been productive for me
    5. I'm no health freak but I firmly believe the idea is to have a balanced meal
    6. A balanced meal is also effective based on variation of the meals aka not the same thing over and over again
    7. I enjoy everything from eggs to pancakes to fruits to cereals - you name it :D
    8. My whole idea is to enjoy my meal while ensuring it's productive to me :D

• Now I just eat 2 bananas every morning.
    When I was younger I just drank a cup of milk.
    When I had to play a soccer game I ate a little bit more. It was smashed bananas with some smashed cookies (normal cookies) on top of it and then squeezed a little bit of lemon on top of it, it's delicious. And then a cup of milk.
    If there's something special, like pancakes, lemon cake, croissants... something like that, then I'd eat that, but only happens when I'm at my parent's, now that I'm alone that doesn't happen xD

When I get my own place without roommates, and get more money, I'll probably start eating a stronger breakfast, like egg, toasts and all that.

• i usually eat brioche or muffins lately... and i drink soda or energy-drink for breakfast. sometimes i may eat leftovers from last day.

but a make a meal just when i wake up nope, it takes some time to b ready and i don't have da energy when i wake up

• I get sick if I eat too much too early in the day, at most I have yogurt or oatmeal around mid morning.

• Breakfast should be your largest meal. It'll get you metabolism kicked into high gear.

• People stuff their faces unnecessarily all throughout the day... including the morning. In the US, there is a reason why we have an obesity and diabetes epidemic...

• I think that's a problem because people stuff their faces at the wrong times of the day. We're supposed to fuel up in the morning to get us going, and start digesting our meal, and our dinners are supposed to be much lighter lest we go to bed still with food in our stomachs. Eating three or four normal meals spaced out, and with proportions suitable for the time of day actually is healthier and will help someone lose weight.

• Problem is that people eat crap. Also, because they eat crap... and eat it right before bed, their bodies are not given the fast they need during sleep. Breakfast or "break fast" works when the "fast" is over from the night before. Most people still have large quantities of undigested food in their gut upon arising from sleep. Of course, if you eat lighter, healthier portions, then it makes sense to always have a healthy breakfast, but most people are eating bacon, eggs, sausage, high carb, sugar laden garbage. That should NEVER be called "breakfast."

• I think I mentioned that (eating before bed, and eating a lighter meal at dinner). But a lot of the foods you mentioned loaded up in one meal, I agree aren't smart, especially every day. I get that someone wants to have bacon and eggs one morning. The next morning, eat some oatmeal. Change it up. No one is going to eat a perfect meal every time. I hate the thought of denying myself a plate of bacon and eggs because *gasp* of the bacon fat. (Actually now that I type this I realize that most of my bacon fat goes to my soups, so I don't even eat it then anyway.)

What Girls Said 11

• Food is food, and breakfast is an excuse to eat, so a big YAY. ☺

• I eat a large brunch and then avoid eating for about 8 - 12 hours in which time I have a dinner so you can call it a breakfast and you can also call it a lunch.

• Just Latte Macchiato.
    Cereal in Latte Macchiato when I'm hungry.

• Every morning I have.. Fruit juice, cereal, hot buttered toast with either honey or marmalade along with numerous cups of tea.

• I usually have refrigerator oats in the morning
    s3.amazonaws.com/yummy_uploads2/blog/5992.jpg

• I don't eat breakfast. But after I wake up which us in the afternoon I usually eat what I had the night before.

• I love breakfast. I like eggs, fruits, yogurt, cereal, toast, and smoothie for breakfast.

• Yay! Good breakfast to start the day in a good manner :)

• If I don't eat breakfast by about 10.00 am. I'm starting to feel sick.

• Breakfast all the way! I usually make myself a big bowl of oatmeal or a scramble ;)

• Breakfast is my favorite meal, but I'm 100% not a morning person, and don't have the energy to actually eat a good one. Either I don't want to cook it or I don't have time even to eat. So I love IHOP.