Everyone wants to be happy but most people are sad. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people are unhappy because they compare themselves to others and gauge their self worth by that standard.

What Girls Said 4

• Because they are so obsessed with doing things they think will make them happy, that they forget to live in the moment.

• Because it's hard to appreciate what you have when you want something else. It's part of being human to be never satisfied.

• This reality is sad. People look for happiness because of this fact even unconsciously.

• because its hard being happy.

What Guys Said 2

• Because happiness isn't an attainable permanent state of being, it's just a passing nice emotion that accompanies nice moments. A better goal would be productivity, fulfilment, creativity, kindness, etc; tangible things that sometimes can make you feel happy.

It's like wanting a constant orgasm, and without the sex.

• Yes I don't know too why aren't they learn to enjoy the little things? there are so many of them

• Yes that's very true. I would consider myself as happy but I would like to help others a bit so I first have to understand where the problem is