Agree or Disagree: The enemy was never the different races, opposite sex, different sexual orientations and religious groups, the real enemy is?

the US government and social media?

The US government and social media like to make all the negative things that happen somewhat rarely, sound worse than it really is. They do their best to tear all of it's own country down by dividing all races/ethnic groups, genders, sexual orientations and religious groups.
White people and Non-white people (Black people in particular) need to stop perpetuating the racial hate between each other and allow themselves to be manipulated by the social media and government.
Men and women need to stop bashing each other and have this beliefs that the world revolves around them and their own gender problems, especially here on GAG. Both men and women need to learn how to hold themselves responsible for their own actions and choices and not pull the gender victimhood card when things don't always go their way.
Religious people need to learn how to speak their minds, follow the newer and more modern version of their beliefs and stop acting so self-righeous towards others with different religious beliefs or non-religious people.
Straight people needs to stop judging and harassing homosexuals and let them live their lives the way they want.

I know it's never an obligious for any of us to get along with everyone by as an American of Latin American ethnicity, I'm fed up with all the negative bullshit that I constantly here on the social media in my own country and do my best to get out to the real world more often than staying at home on the computer only to hear more negative bullshit. I live in the US of A, a country that is suppose to be a peaceful, diverse, melting pot, not a hateful white supremacy or black supremacy or man's country or any of that crap. We should all learn how to be postive and stop blaming your own inadequacies on other groups different from you.

To all the GAG users that are American military service members, I certainly hope the majority of you feel the same way as how I'm feeling about all the negativity that constantly happens in our own country.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have any idea what your own opinion is? You start by saying the government and media are making everything worse than it is and that they are dividing the country. The problems are not from the individual countries or groups, it is the government and media.

Then you say that whites and blacks need to stop perpetuating the hate between each other, so you are blaming the races. Then you say men and women need to stop bashing each other, so you are blaming men vs women. then you go on about religious people causing those problems and straights vs gays causing those problems. In other words, after saying it is not the individual groups but instead it is the government and the media, you turn right around and blame each group! And the blind followers that like to blame the government for everything say they agree completely with you, when you are saying it both ways which does not make sense.

Clearly the blind leading the blind.

• But the point is, all these groups are being somewhat manipulated by the media and government. No need to insult my intelligence.

• Or be a smartass about it.

• Your question stated: " Agree or Disagree: The enemy was never the different races, opposite sex, different sexual orientations and religious groups, the real enemy is? the US government and social media?" Obviously there are many people making race, sex, orientation, etc. the targets of discrimination, hatred, and violence, making "The enemy was never..." false and inflammatory. You then went on to state that those problems were not bad and happened rarely. The race problems alone tore our country apart in the Civil War, and we were still torn strongly during the sixties. It still goes on. And same with the other problems mentioned. They are real and need addressing. It is not government or media causing them. Government and media are addressing them and trying to solve them. Maybe some mistakes along the way, but overall working toward good. Yet you begin by stating it is all blown out of proportion by the government and media, then switch and say the problems are real.

What Girls Said 1

• yes yes yes yes!

What Guys Said 9

• 0|0
  • da real enemy's people foolishness and narrow-mindness no matter where they come from... if people could get rid of 'em everything would be gr8

• >Different races

It's natural to be invested in the well being of your genetic kin

>Different sexes

The two genders have competed in more or less separate spheres, until recently. The "gender problem" is partially a manufactured problem.

>Different orientations

Most people don't care unless heavily religious, and very few of the already tiny gay minority actually want to get married in the first place. Basically a non-issue

>Religious groups

Religion is just a proxy for ethnicity and culture.

• In the immortal words of Pogo, paraphrasing commodore Perry:

"We have met the enemy and he is us!"

• I completely agree with you. Although, I believe social media is a good thing. Sure, it needs room for improvement but the government would have a tighter grip on the way we think if social media wasn't around but it's become a powerful tool in the hands of the government to manipulate people so it's kinda going to shit

• The real enemy is Invader Zim. I can't believe everyone's missed it this entire time.

• Not this again.

• TOTAL AGREE

• Government and social media are the underlings to the true enemy, the richest of the rich. Those who are the 1% of the 1%. Those very select few control the world, an we are too distracted to notice.