Why is the ISIS so hard to defeat?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're cowards that hide under civilians. Once they start setting up proper camps or bases it becomes incredibly easy for any military power to just wipe them out with minimal risk of their own.
    And much like the Hamas, they know that, which why stay hidden

The the second part is that ISIS is just the latest symptom of a bigger problem which isn't just fixed by a military intervention.
    It's like saying if Hitler had been assassinated in 1934 ww2 would have never happened. Wouldn't it though?

• Nalaa I agree with you that they are incredible cowards. Good Lord, they burned an 80 year old woman alive for refusing to convert to Islam. If you haven't seen the video of the Jordanian Air Force pilot being burned alive in a cage, I beg you. DON'T WATCH IT ! You cannot un watch it and it will haunt you for days. If Hitler has been assinasinated WWII might not have happened, Many of the German high command had been to the U. S. and knew what we had industrially and militarily. In fact he wasn't very educated and couldn't speak English. He was an excellent artist, but was turned down a t prestigious art institute in Vienna. So who knows. Back to ISIS, they can be defeated when flushed out into the open. I have clients and friends who are Muslim and they are horrified by their barbaric actions.

• You might enjoy this site, I'm level 2 so I can't post a link but the site address is vice. com/tag/Isis

• Haha, yes that's what I meant, sorry I use voice chat and sometimes it has a mind of its own! Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

What Girls Said 7

• Because it's an ideology. There's always going to be people who believe in what ISIS stands for. You kill one supporter, and two more will pop up in their place, like Hydra. It's not like a tangible thing that you can just shoot and kill.

• I am not an expert on the military but I think it MIGHT be because these people blend into society and when you are out on the street you don't know who is part of Isis and who is not and most people are not willing to kill innocent civilians in order to eradicate them.

• You're right. They can literally disappear into the population and reek
      all manor of havoc and chaos. I'd hoped we learned this in Vietnam.
      Sadly we didm't.

• Because ISIS is based on an ideology. The same ideology that Boko Haram, Hamas, and Al Qaeda, etc. share. Just executed slightly differently.

Since ideology is based on ideas, you don't defeat an ideology with war. You defeat it with ideas. The thing is, no one worth anything bothers looking into their ideology. Until people do, it will never die but merely go by another name.

• I agree with strider90

• i wonder the same thing

• we (Egypt) were at war with them not too long ago (was it two weeks? idk)

and they were far from "hard to defeat" ;)

• They may have moved or blended in for a while, but look around and you can see that they are far from defeated. They are still active all over the world.

• Yup I am Egyptian are u still that egyptian anon lol

• @Omar5881

yupp xD

• What's ISIS?😁

What Guys Said 28

• 1.) Ideology is hard to kill. You can kill a person, but as long as folks are aware of his ideology and actually like it, it's like to continue to spread and gather followers.

2.) They are former Syrian rebels that were trained, funded and equipped by USA through USAID and NED to take over Syrian government, but failed. I suspect they are still heavily supported by USA.
    Now their (USA's through the hands of Islamic State) new objective is to cause as much pressure on Europe as possible (via refugees and whatnot) in order to cripple economy and social lives in those lands;
    Anyone noticed that native folks in EU tend to leave when those "refugees"/"immigrants" roll into their areas? Upper/middle class are first to leave along with their money and generally they either move somewhere else inside the country (and form their own communities), or move out of the country to a "safe harbor"; since English is international, they generally pick USA, New Zealand, Australia or Canada.
    That's 25% chance that the money will flow into their lands.

I have to admit, not a bad strategy.

• Because Israel and the US are backing them up.

• Because the elections aren't over... religious ideologies like this have been around for longer than the last few years, but don't worry the next government has got a plan which involves some war in the middle east. I mean the direct threat Isis poses to me? Zero, my dog is more likely to kill me than Isis. Realistically though the group is hard to get rid of because it could be anyone in that area, it's not like they meet up in city hall where they could just be bombed.

• We could defeat ISIS in a day if we wanted to. However, no country wants to risk their soldiers lives.

• in my opinion they are so tough to defeat is because they are embedded with the local people. I don't think that we've done nearly enough to win them over. Also, they are so barbaric, as they demonstrate almost daily.
    The bombing campaign is working and we seem to win most engagements. When Al-Qaeda and the Taliban denounce them, that's bad. Our biggest problem is that we're so afraid to offend anyone. War by it's very nature is offensive and immoral. But it's a fact of life. I say used the Israeli method, kill them all and let God sort them out.

• Let's see. They are in Syria, so bomb Syria and let God sort them out. They are in Iraq, so bomb Iraq and let God sort them out. They are in Iran, so bomb Iran and let God sort them out. They are in Afghanistan, so bomb Afghanistan and let God sort it out. They are in the UK, so bomb them and let God sort it out. Wait... Oh well, that is the thing to do, right? And they are in many other countries that are our friends, but just bomb them, too, right? There are small numbers of their sympathizers in the US and that seems to be growing. Soon we can just bomb ourselves, right? They are not a country that is an easier thing to deal with, nor ore they located in a collected area. It will take a different kind of action to defeat them.

• Who said that have u tried attacking them? America and the rest of the world are giving them wepons but still they r kids playing with toys when they attacked the egyptian soldiers while they were unprepared they called the rest of troops and killed more than a hundred of them and Egypt still isn't the most advanced country in military but they did it America don't do a thing and isis aren't that hard to defeat and u know why we think they r strong it is coz of the vids they make when they kill unarmed men all they do is to kill unarmed men so that we think they are strong

• I am giving that Egypt thing as an example

• President Assad wasn't brutal, the current Syrian government is allied with Russia. It was a power play, pure and simple. Our backing of the FSA, which was always a front group for Sunni insurgents, lead to ISIS. Destabilizing Syria however has lead to the destabilization of Iraq, and the region. Egypt is actually one of the more modern countries in the region, and I'm not surprised that their military can hold their own. They also overthrew President Morsi and the muslim brotherhood. Why our president backed the brotherhood, I will never know, especially since the Egyptian military and Mubarak were U. S allies to begin with.

• Lol, you're so irrelevant.

• A. Their masters of guerrilla warfare, they hide and maneuver around like stealthy rats B. They hold countries hostage, they threaten to kill and rape children if thier family's reveal thier whereabouts C. The U. N is self riotous and so wimpy if any country (sutch as the U. S) attentions to wipe them out they would sanction the living hell out of. In reality the U. S, U. K, or Isreail could flush those rats out and exterminate them but political and international pressures keep them from doing it, shame that international public opinion is keeping ISIS alive

• Because we have a wimp for a President who probably thinks ISIS has a reason for being upset.

• ISIS is more of an ideology than it is about the current leaders.

New people will take their place after the current ISIS members are killed.

• Cause people are joing faster than members can be taken out, plus the use barberic practices to put fear in the enemy.

• iiorando-you're right. They are seeking out the young males who are
      on the fringes, disowned by their families and boys who have no sense
      of acceptance or belonging and they are offering them this. Also, they are using
      social media to recruit and it's working way too well. People crave acceptance and a sense of
      belonging from whatever sources they can find them. Sad but true.

• Because they hide in plain sight. Same thing applies for the taliban. Sometimes door-to-door raids is the only way to find them.

• Because they're created by western forces obviously. Hell even Hilary Clinton admitted that the US manufactures terrorist groups.

• ISIS is hard because to win the fight you will need to use brutal tactics to stop the insurgency, otherwise it will be like Iraq and Vietnam.

We need to do to ISIS what Germany did to Poland and France. How bad do you want to win?

• Because they are being backed by some governments. Also they have really captured the imagination of muslims all over the world and have struck a chord with their sensibilities.

• It's hard to fight an idea people are willing to die for.

• Any such organization like Taliban , alquaida etc having persons who are trained as they dont have fear to loose
    (l) life (2) career (3) family (4) money
    So the opponent can't loose these things easily.. this is the main difference here to face.

• ISIS is not an army... Its a ideology of some peoples who always gonna hate rest of the world and only god knows what they are trying to achieve.
    They are just bunch of idiots controled by some bunch of cowards who take pleasure in killing.

• They have a lot of members

• NATO isn't actually doing anything to stop them in the first place.

• Cause they work for the people who claim to be their biggest enemy

• They are not hard to defeat,,, but USA support'em ,, and they're captured a lot of oil places in Syria.

• Because they dope niggaz

• It's actually easy to defeat but it's in contradiction with USA's policy.

• One nuke would solve that problem.

• They aren't. America could get rid of them in one day but they don't want to do that.

• lol. And how would America do that? Where and who would we attack? They are in countries all over the world and that includes our friends. They are not a notion or a group that is all together. So how would you propose to "get rid of them in one day"?

• That's what CNN and top news networks have you believe... what would you know about ISIS if CNN did not promote them daily?

• Isis like boko Haram, hamas, al-queda, the muslim brotherhood and the countless more muslim terror groups are founded upon an ideology. Following the prophets example, until the ideology dies. There will always be new and growing Islamic terror groups

• You are very uneducated. Before you speak about the religion, educate yourself aye dude. They do not follow their own religion and here is an example. One man was arrested by the ISIS leader in Iraq and he was a Christian. They put a gun to his head and asked him if he was Muslim and he said yes he then asked him to recite a verse from their holy book (koran) I don't know how to spell it. And he then recites a verse from the bible and they gave him a pat on the back and let him live. They do not know their religion my friend, they just want attention. They kill more people from their own religion then any other every single day. Educate yourself, than talk.

• You're saying an Isis leader is Christian. ... how dumb is that

• Because the west keeps giving them free publicity by platering them all over the 24 h news networks. Seriously we stop that, they are done.