Fellow insomniacs?

What are your tricks to getting to sleep?

Most Helpful Guy

• well there is a good free kindle book on this. But also try melatonin. It is a supplement that you can buy in the grocery store. It is non narcotic and non habit forming. It is the substance that your body uses to set and also to start its sleep cycle. Works well. You sleep deeper too

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have insomnia, but sometimes I have trouble falling asleep just because my brain won't shut off. I usually just interrupt my thoughts, and visualize a completely blank, black space. And that's the last thing I remember because it works almost instantly.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, I have tried virtually everything. Pills, nightcaps, herbal teas, supplements, meditation, apple cider (that one works sometimes, but not 100%).

The best cure that works for me is odd, but it works so well. I rock in a rocking chair! I know sounds silly, but it works! Just find a chair that rocks, chill out and rock at a steady pace. Make sure you don't exert yourself too much when rocking. It can take 30mins to an hour, but it works. You can watch TV sometimes just make sure it is nothing stressful or upsetting (so no news!). Something about the motion is soothing and relaxes your body and mind.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks I'll try it out

• Prince of Persia soundtrack. Knocks me right out every time. Also anything with binaural beats. In an all out worst case scenario, I'll cave and have a shot of Yukon Jack. It's 100 proof. I go to sleep pretty quickly after that.

• Thanks I'll give it a go

What Girls Said 3

• i don't have insomnia..

• How do you get to sleep when you're having trouble than?

• i close my eyes.. and think about soft clouds...

• Reading books til I fall asleep..

• Just turn lights off and close my eyes

• It's not that simple when you have insomnia 😄