Have you ever googled yourself?

So I did this the other day typed in my full name on google and clicked pictures. Never in my life though Google was my biggest creeper but seriously.. Lol I googled other people too but I still was the only one with quite a few pictures up there. So google your self it's scary. Haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and it's harder to find information about me since my name is common thankfully. You have to know more than my name to find any links to me. It is still scary when you find information on yourself. As others have mentioned, there are ways to get rid of it if you want.

• Hmm ways to get rid of it I need to figure that out. I mean I use a lot of social media but all my pages are private restricted to friends only but apparently that's not enough anymore.

• Sure, no problem. :) Yes, you can keep your blog open to the public, but hide your social media accounts. You really just have to watch and re-check all of your privacy settings. Those settings change often, so that may be why things of yours may have been hidden at one time, but are not now.

• Thank you for MHO!

What Guys Said 15

• Get a few hits on me doing my hobby, a hit on my FB, but that's it. As for images, i only get maybe one ot two press photos XD

• Have you ever used www.pipl.com or www.spokeo.com you be surprise the catfish you find? Yeah I've googled myself didn't find much on myself .. Hahaha!

• Yeah, and my name is unique so the only people who come up are my father and I
    We have the same name

• I can understand that. I think the More common names come up with way less or if your name is the same as a celeb then you have no chance of coming up haha

• Yeah if your name is John Smith... lol you probably won't be the first guy to pop up on google, if you type my name in i am on the first page, and so is my fathers info, which is scary

• Haha same with me even though my name is kind of common well last name not so much but yeah either way it's scary.

• Yes, I found my facebook and other minor things. No pictures.

• Yeah i googled few times before and i was surprised i was there... i even saw some of my pictures on google images, i am not even joking

• I already have quite a bit on google as I used to be in a rock band in NZ and there is quite a bit about that

• I have and nothing much comes up. Mainly because I don't use any social media other than this site.

• Good point I use way too much social media and for way too long so that's probably my issue. But that's good for you.

• ofcourse I have who hasn't. I found my profile on www.jerk.com

• okay this isn't the site it was something else on the same lines lol

• I oogle myself all the time.

• Yeah my name is in online newspapers from playing sports in high school.

• Nope can't find anything.

but apparently I own a few hotels.

• Yep, it showed me my twitter account link

• Yes it shows my Facebook Id and professional LinkedIn with pics...

• This is why I don't put all my shit online

• yup i have googled myself many a times!

What Girls Said 18

• I have, there's a bunch of embarrassing shit from my younger days there.

• I googled my user name on most sites (not the one I use here) and found my name was connected to a Korean porn star, lol.

• did it just now. nothing incriminating. just a bunch of linkedin profile pics of chicks with the same name.

i also looked up myself on spokeo. they know where i live and everything. it even has a thing where it list what general hobbies you like based on your internet activity. scary.

• Yeah I don't like that site it's way too invasive really scary the shit the Internet has on us all

• yes. And then I go and try and get rid of every mention of me. I hate those sites that get your phone number! There is always a way to get them delisted but it often takes and email or phone call.

• Hmm yeah I don't know it's creepy to find your self all over Google. But how did you get your self off there?

• Thank you very much!

• my pleasure. Dont forget to call the three big credit agencies and have them restrict your data too. Google that to find out how.

• Yes I have. At one point my address had come up which freaked me out, but I recently Googled myself again and I couldn't find it.

• Omg there's this web site I think it's like spookeo or something but someone told me about it I put my name in it and it showed me previous addresses and stuff I was like wtf the Internet is a scary place !

• It definitely is

• yeah i did.. i did not find anything...

• Yes, I Googled myself and found a pic with me from 1st grade, wtf? 😨

• This name isn't actually my real name but I did Google my real name once and I found out that a guy had my name..

• Yeah, and saw some of my old stuffs. I think I went back and deleted some.

• Yeah I'm on google lol

• I did a few times nothing of any importance came up.

• I have and I know what's there

• That's why I use my 'alias'

• I have done it

• Yeah I have lol and there were like three pictures of me so.. by the way Kasey isn't my real name

• I do and often. I usually do so to keep the amount of personal information about myself available on the net to a minimum. If I see something I'm not comfortable with I'll usually contact the appropriate person or persons on that website and request my information be removed

• Yes and there isn't any information about me except my linked in account

• I have to check my social media security settings cos anyone to google you and click on your social media if its public. So I change my social media settings and I check what comes up. I usually, put a block on Google coming up with my social media pages as a search and put them on private. Its is a bit creepy. Other people have googled my social media but for harassment purposes and I had a few people make up hate threads and hate pages other googling my social media.

• I'm going to look into this I didn't know you could block Google from accessing your info. I'm sorry people are jerks to you. I've had that happen too people are little bitches lol. But thanks for mentioning that I need to look into it now.