When at the front of the queue do you wait to be called or do you go to the next available cashier straightaway?

I usually wait until I'm called but I've seen others just go to the next available cashier even when the cashiers aren't ready to serve.

• Wait to be called
  • Go straight to next available cashier

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm really only answering this because it said 'queue' :p

i usually wait

What Girls Said 3

• I usually wait. The other day I went straight to the receptionist and she rudely sent me back. #awks

• It's just polite to wait. They do stuff in between customers.

• Oh that I was posh enough to be in a queue!!! 👫💋💚

What Guys Said 2

• Huh? Like in what kind of setting?

• Like when you're in a store

• Like a clothes store or waiting in the queue at a bank or something

• Oh yeah that's totally different. Uh a bank I def wait. I may approach a little closer when the other walks sway, but I still don't approach the counter till asked. They still have shit with the previous person to file.

Clothes I feel are a little different, but I never really have shopped at super high end suit type of place so hard to say.

• I wait because I walked up to one who then walked away to go on break without saying anything. It took a few minutes for me to realize it and then had to get back at the front of the line and it was embarrassing.