Is it normal for a 24yr-old female to refer to herself as a 'girl' as opposed to a 'woman' and say she is younger than she is?

She says she feels and looks like a teen and even lies and says she is 18 to people because that is when females are in their beauty peak according to her. Usually people are in a rush to grow up so it took me by surprise.

How do you interpret 24 years to be? Young and wild? Mature? Girls? Women?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we throw around the word "girl" all the time when we talk about women and girls. We don't so much for guys. They're usually only called boys when their a kid up to adolescence, after that, they graduate to guys and men.

I even refer to myself as a girl a lot of times. I. e. "I'm the kind of girl that..." I'm almost 41 and don't think I'll ever age out of it.

But from what you describe it's almost like she's trying to be something she's not. She sounds like a juvenile 24 year old, so I would probably refer to her as a girl, than someone like you who I would call a young woman. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes nothing wrong with being 24 and a virgin i never met the
    right girl to give myself sexually , i don't know why older girls worry,

• I actually don't know if she's also a virgin, but I know she never had a boyfriend I guess that can be true too.

• Trust me I want give myself to a girl who will truly love me i don't care whether she's a virgin or not
      i just never made it to the base of having actual sex with a girl / woman... I had 2 ex girlfriends who
      never really loved me so I guess that's one reason why i never had sex.. I won't have sex with
      friends with benefits cause i don't do that stuff.. I'm a homebody guy and like say i have morals...

• She has some deep ass insecurities. A women's beauty peak isn't 18 she needs educating. It's embarrassing and she seems to tie age and physical appearance together. Has this girl ever atteded secondary school before lol. A lot of girls when they get older feel insecure that they are losing there looks and ageing But it's not normal to lie about your age.

What Girls Said 4

• I call myself girl because I think the word woman sounds like a 50 yo :P But it's a bit weird that a 24 yo lies about her age...

• I stil say girls but it is weird she's 24 shouldn't be lying about her age I had a friend who did the same thing always saying she was younger I interpret 24 year old as mature young woman I'm 24 sometimes when I talk fast or between friends I say girls

• I think of them as women. I think of everyone over 21 as women

• I'm older then you and I'm still a girl

• I'm 15, but I meant a 'girl' I know. To me, 24 seems quite mature I guess but then again those older than 24 sometimes call people even in their 20s 'babies'. :/